ID needed for tiny bug found between new mattress

(4 posts)
  1. buggedintheUSA

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Mon May 7 2018 21:12:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello all. Will someone please ID this tiny brown bug I found in between a new mattress today? The mattress is only 1 week old and was built right in front of our eyes and brought home in our truck, so I don't have worries about this bug being someone else's transplant... It was dead, and as I said, the mattress has only been here for 1 week, so it couldn't have been there for long... I cannot see any fecal stains, cast skins, eggs, etc. I react to BB bites and I have not felt any bites, either...

Hopefully these photos are good enough for an ID.

Picture 1
    Picture 2

Thank you.

2. LittleRin

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Tue May 8 2018 1:18:49
    #

Login to Send PM

I would say not a bed bug, because the abdomen doesn't seem to have segments - but I'm sure others will chime in for sure.

3. loubugs

old timer

Posted 5 months ago
    Tue May 8 2018 7:16:48
    #

Login to Send PM

LittleRin - 5 hours ago  » 
    I would say not a bed bug, because the abdomen doesn't seem to have segments - but I'm sure others will chime in for sure.

There are segments, but they're hidden by the wing covers. A small beetle.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  4. buggedintheUSA

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Tue May 8 2018 21:35:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you both for your help! I really didn't think it was a BB, but I wanted others' opinions to put my mind at ease.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

280,342 posts in 46,553 topics over 141 months by 20,530 of 21,393 members. Latest: northeastbugger, smcsween, Bedbugvaca