ID Needed! Fecal Matter or Old Blood? [a: unclear; probably not bed bug fecal ]

(5 posts)
  1. BastaBedBugs

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Mar 29 2013 22:46:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Not sure if this is fecal matter or not - leaning towards it not being.

This pillow did get some blood smears (from a pimple) a few years back, and didn't put much effort into cleaning it, so I think it might be old blood.

The pillow had been on the floor of the bedroom and was dried for 50min and then packaged away in a plastic bag during BB treatment prep. Just took it out of its bag last night as we needed a pillow on the sofa, and noticed this an hour or so ago. I didn't really look at the pillowcase closely last night, though, so I thought it would be best to ask here?

(The slight discolouring around it was me rubbing thoroughly with some water to see if it smeared. Otherwise, it's almost black in colour.)

Still clear on the passive, by the way! Can't even put into words how comforting it is to know I can check it when anxiety begins to flare up like an old wound.

2. BastaBedBugs

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Sat Mar 30 2013 9:34:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Bump for the morning!

3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 5 years ago
    Sat Mar 30 2013 13:57:51
    #

Login to Send PM

There are only a couple of experts who ID fecal, and they may be here less on the weekend, so hang on.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Sat Mar 30 2013 14:03:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

The images are just slightly too fuzzy to give 100% detail but from what I can see I would say its highly unlikely to be bedbug related.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  5. BastaBedBugs

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Sat Mar 30 2013 14:24:18
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you! I'll see if I can get some less fuzzy pics to get more confirmation, but that's a relief.

Day 14 of clear on passives! Waiting until Day 21 since we did have treatment, but still a big milestone!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

281,557 posts in 46,824 topics over 143 months by 20,659 of 21,556 members. Latest: DoIHaveBB, Dread Bugs, gbbedbug