ID Me Please help me

(10 posts)
  1. buggered1980

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Sat Aug 11 2018 15:33:25
    #

Login to Send PM

I have got pest control done but I still see some dead and some alive ones. I don't get any bites on my body at all. They are usually around my dog. I'm confused as to what they are.

much much help.

https://imgur.com/sqHGVkg
    https://imgur.com/wazPk50
    https://imgur.com/WEmf2Ys
    https://imgur.com/ihgVD2g
    https://imgur.com/vqrSNRb
    https://imgur.com/0Tux5l5
    https://imgur.com/x3xwHSV

2. Buggy Smalls

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Sat Aug 11 2018 16:33:38
    #

Login to Send PM

I am new here, so don’t take my opinion as any guideline or a resolution.

Looking at the pictures, which are a little unclear, it looks more like an adult tick, with a black, smooth round back body, 8 legs ( bed bugs have six legs + 2 antennas)

Try searching and looking at ‘tick vs bed bugs’ online and study this one accordingly

Could be wrong though..

3. ijustwannasleep

newbite

Posted 6 days ago
    Sat Aug 11 2018 19:22:26
    #

Login to Send PM

It's definitely a tick.

4. buggered1980

newbite

Posted 6 days ago
    Sun Aug 12 2018 1:35:43
    #

Login to Send PM

ijustwannasleep - 6 hours ago  » 
    It's definitely a tick.

That would say why I am not getting any bites at all. I did find one of these on my dog the other day. My dog is a mini white poodle and it's very easy to see if any of these are on his body. He is clean so I don't know where are they coming from.

I have done pest control and still see one or two but they are mostly dead or about to die. When I break them there is blood in it. I thought its bed bugs and got the home treated.

I am so confused as to what else to do. Any advice?

5. loubugs

old timer

Posted 6 days ago
    Sun Aug 12 2018 7:23:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Larval ticks have 6 legs; nymphs and adults have 8. It's difficult to say which tick species you have here.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  6. buggered1980

newbite

Posted 6 days ago
    Sun Aug 12 2018 15:34:12
    #

Login to Send PM

loubugs - 7 hours ago  » 
    Larval ticks have 6 legs; nymphs and adults have 8. It's difficult to say which tick species you have here.

So is it safe to assume its not a bedbug? I believe it is a tick as the ones I have found were around my dog. However, they are too small in size. Today I put the tick medicine on my dog. I also have run through a round of pest control at home that kills bedbugs. (well I thought they were bed bugs at first). They used Deltamethrin 2.5%. Post pest control I still say one or two in almost a dead state.

I have drycleaned all the dog beds, sheets, comforters etc. They are gonna do a second round of pest control on the bed area again this Friday.

Is there anything else I should know or anything wrong I'm doing?

thank you so much everyone.

7. loubugs

old timer

Posted 6 days ago
    Sun Aug 12 2018 15:53:23
    #

Login to Send PM

buggered1980 - 16 minutes ago  » 

loubugs - 7 hours ago  » 

So is it safe to assume its not a bedbug? I believe it is a tick as the ones I have found were around my dog. However, they are too small in size. Today I put the tick medicine on my dog. I also have run through a round of pest control at home that kills bedbugs. (well I thought they were bed bugs at first). They used Deltamethrin 2.5%. Post pest control I still say one or two in almost a dead state.
    I have drycleaned all the dog beds, sheets, comforters etc. They are gonna do a second round of pest control on the bed area again this Friday.

Of course, it is not a bed bug. These are ticks. Brown dog tick is one that can hatch from eggs indoors. A problem in kennels. Your ticks are not larvae; didn't hatch indoors. I can't tell from the photos which tick you have. Your dog picked them up outdoors.

8. buggered1980

newbite

Posted 5 days ago
    Mon Aug 13 2018 0:33:37
    #

Login to Send PM

loubugs - 8 hours ago  » 

buggered1980 - 16 minutes ago  » 

loubugs - 7 hours ago  » 

Of course, it is not a bed bug. These are ticks. Brown dog tick is one that can hatch from eggs indoors. A problem in kennels. Your ticks are not larvae; didn't hatch indoors. I can't tell from the photos which tick you have. Your dog picked them up outdoors.

Thank you so much. I have not seen a tick since a day anywhere at home. The bed seems clean. However, I have scheduled the second round of pest control on Friday.

Are they very hard to get rid off? I am sure it is a tick because the other day I was just scratching my dog and pulled one out. Prior to the pest control, I saw two ticks one morning on my bed. One was right below my dog (he sleeps with me) and one was inside my pillow sheet. I wonder how it got inside there.

Since then I have dry cleaned all the pillows, duvet, goose down, washed sheets. etc. It seems clean now.

Do you recommend I NOT go ahead with the second round of pest control? This time I plan to make the person spray inside the couch cushions which he missed the last time.

9. loubugs

old timer

Posted 5 days ago
    Mon Aug 13 2018 7:23:43
    #

Login to Send PM

The ticks you found are engorged. That means that they already fed (on you dog from what I gather reading your post). They are leaving to digest not to feed further.

10. buggered1980

newbite

Posted 5 days ago
    Mon Aug 13 2018 12:43:59
    #

Login to Send PM

loubugs - 5 hours ago  » 
    The ticks you found are engorged. That means that they already fed (on you dog from what I gather reading your post). They are leaving to digest not to feed further.

I don't see any more on my dog after the flee medicine. I'm not sure if there are more at home. How can I know they are gone for good? I keep checking the bed throughout the night.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

277,776 posts in 45,869 topics over 139 months by 20,196 of 21,002 members. Latest: bbcurious, Zencowboy, Blogger2296