ID me please!

(5 posts)
  1. bbdontcry

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Sat Aug 11 2018 11:23:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello Bedbugger community! Are these bedbug nymphs? We had dogs sniff our apartment without finding any evidence of a bedbug infestation, but these look a lot like nymphs to me. Please help me ID if you can. Thanks a million!

2. lsdrg706

Posted 1 week ago
    Sat Aug 11 2018 12:24:54
    #

Login to Send PM

They look like book lice to me, but I'd wait for a more official answer from an expert. In the meantime, take a look at some pictures of book lice online, and compare the two... I have a feeling this will quell your fears some.

3. loubugs

old timer

Posted 6 days ago
    Sat Aug 11 2018 23:43:02
    #

Login to Send PM

bbdontcry - 12 hours ago  » 
    Hello Bedbugger community! Are these bedbug nymphs? We had dogs sniff our apartment without finding any evidence of a bedbug infestation, but these look a lot like nymphs to me. Please help me ID if you can. Thanks a million!

They're actually too small for you to say they look like bed bug nymphs. Booklice would be the best ID without providing a macro picture. Not bed bug anyway.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  4. bbdontcry

newbite

Posted 6 days ago
    Sun Aug 12 2018 16:04:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks Loubug and lsdrg706! That’s a relief to hear. If you zoom in on the photo it’s high res enough to get a good look at these tiny bugs. After looking at some photos online, I think they’re book lice.

5. loubugs

old timer

Posted 5 days ago
    Mon Aug 13 2018 7:44:57
    #

Login to Send PM

bbdontcry - 15 hours ago  » 
    Thanks Loubug and lsdrg706! That’s a relief to hear. If you zoom in on the photo it’s high res enough to get a good look at these tiny bugs. After looking at some photos online, I think they’re book lice.

Agreed. I hadn't downloaded the image, since it is embedded rather than linked to a site. It's quite clear after the download what it is. Many people upload pictures that are small and low resolution, but yours are very good. If it's difficult to ID as to bed bug or not and your insects are very tiny and this shape, booklouse is almost always the one you have.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

277,776 posts in 45,869 topics over 139 months by 20,196 of 21,002 members. Latest: bbcurious, Zencowboy, Blogger2296