ID help please - pregnant and scared bed bugs are back

(2 posts)
  1. Sammy

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Fri Aug 3 2018 8:49:04
    #

Login to Send PM

Recently returned from holiday, 7 months pregnant and 8 years on from my last confirmed large scale bed bug infestation.

Had a few (four) bites during the week since we've been back but not for a few days and didn't think they looked especially bedbug-like, though I know bites may show up on me differently now I'm pregnant. Absolutely no sign in our hotel while away. We also took precautions re: clothes we slept in, luggage, etc etc. Thought we may have brought home a random bed bug from holiday last year, but after initially hot wash of bedding etc etc no further signs.

Found these bugs (?) in our bed today - one just looks like a seed or pip, at least one looks like a squished bug. I am not sure about size-have photo taken next to coin for scale.

We really can't afford to treat this right now, or the mental anguish that I know goes with a bed bug infestation, so if anyone can set our minds at ease / let us know we need to get exterminators in stat I'd really appreciate it.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/143339736@N02/2365h7

2. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 year ago
    Fri Aug 3 2018 9:34:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Pictures are small and low resolution -- too difficult to say what these are. Guess - rear end of an ant.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,427 posts in 49,259 topics over 152 months by 21,590 of 22,013 members. Latest: Ddukes, acidburn, metropest