ID help please

(6 posts)
  1. Traveller-Abroad

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Mon Feb 4 2019 18:37:13
    #

Login to Send PM

I stayed at a hotel an airline put me up in after a cancelled flight I’m New Delhi, India and woke up to see countless of these little guys crawling all over sheets, pillow cases and a few on night table. I’m pretty sure they aren’t bed bugs but I want to be sure / get help if I should do anything to avoid any type of bug infestation.

I did a check for bugs / eggs and didn’t see any before bed. When I turned light on for my early morning flight they were everywhere then started hiding with light on. They are very small, 1-2mm in length.

http://imgur.com/DrTKlcK

2. Traveller-Abroad

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Mon Feb 4 2019 18:37:45
    #

Login to Send PM

3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 months ago
    Mon Feb 4 2019 18:41:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Appears to be an ant.

100% not bedbugs.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  4. Traveller-Abroad

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Mon Feb 4 2019 18:43:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you! I thought it was tiny ants or termites but I wanted someone else to say it! Really appreciate fast response.

5. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 months ago
    Tue Feb 5 2019 8:23:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Traveller-Abroad - 13 hours ago  » 
    Thank you! I thought it was tiny ants or termites but I wanted someone else to say it! Really appreciate fast response.

Very distinctly not termite, but an ant.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  6. Traveller-Abroad

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Tue Feb 5 2019 9:52:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you - anything I should worry about now that I’m gone? Other than washing clothes?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

287,541 posts in 47,911 topics over 148 months by 21,107 of 21,446 members. Latest: nyc-bedbugs, needhelp1111, urka1234