Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

ID help please

(7 posts)
  1. Worrybug

Posted 6 months ago
    Mon Feb 4 2019 7:51:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Does this look like bed bug fecal? Its black and white. It didn't smear but came off with a little scrub. I found spider webs nearby so I want to say spider but not certain.

https://imgur.com/a/xZ7b6z0

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 6 months ago
    Mon Feb 4 2019 9:26:48
    #

Login to Send PM

If I found that in Florida it would be from a lizard. Either way nothing bed bug related.

3. Worrybug

Posted 6 months ago
    Mon Feb 4 2019 12:27:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you. Far from Florida and lizards... I recall reading a post where Lou mentioned bb fecal turns grey after a few weeks. So this worries me. Although it looks to be turning white.

4. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 6 months ago
    Mon Feb 4 2019 12:29:03
    #

Login to Send PM

It shouldn't worry you, that looks nothing like bed bug fecal deposits.

5. loubugs

old timer

Posted 6 months ago
    Mon Feb 4 2019 12:44:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Worrybug - 15 minutes ago  » 
    Thank you. Far from Florida and lizards... I recall reading a post where Lou mentioned bb fecal turns grey after a few weeks. So this worries me. Although it looks to be turning white.

I don't remember saying that about bed bug fecal droppings. These look like could be spider droppings, especially if web nearby. But definitely not bed bug related.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  6. Worrybug

Posted 6 months ago
    Mon Feb 4 2019 12:49:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you both. Lou perhaps I read it somewhere else? That they turned matte grey after a few weeks. Is this untrue?

We live rural and have a lot of spiders. Unfortunately I have down a few black splats directly under webs (not near beds though) that are making me a bit crazy. I've have climb up traps on all beds for over 3 months now and have not caught anything bb related but having trouble shaking the paranoia.

7. loubugs

old timer

Posted 6 months ago
    Mon Feb 4 2019 12:51:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Worrybug - 1 minute ago  » 
    Thank you both. Lou perhaps I read it somewhere else? That they turned matte grey after a few weeks. Is this untrue?
    We live rural and have a lot of spiders. Unfortunately I have down a few black splats directly under webs (not near beds though) that are making me a bit crazy. I've have climb up traps on all beds for over 3 months now and have not caught anything bb related but having trouble shaking the paranoia.

You must have read it somewhere else. I wouldn't have said that. Shake the paranoia.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,300 posts in 49,235 topics over 152 months by 21,583 of 22,004 members. Latest: looking2identify, Robbysee, Elephant88