ID help! Paranoid or legit?

(6 posts)
  1. Johnchap

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Wed Jul 25 2018 11:35:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Long story short. June 1 my friend found out she had bed bugs. Small infestation- according to orkin- they prepped tremendously, threw out the mattress, etc.had treatment from orkin. as of last week they were cleared and are still living out of plastic bins out of precaution. My friend had been to my house prior, but not with bags etc. still made me paranoid. Scoured my home- no signs. Fast forward 7 weeks and I got bit on my thought/butt area a few times. (Not sure when could have been mosquito outside they've but me through clothes before, I'm super sensitive to any kind of bite) I am the only person in my house (2 adults 3kids) with any bites. I got paranoid again and started searching. I have no evidence of bed bugs (casings, black spots, etc.) in any 4 beds or couch. (My 3 kids share a room 2 with bunk beds, 1 in a crib) however last weekend I found 2 of these little bugs on my boxspring (seriously tiny I have really good eyes) I grabbed one with a tweeter to put in a bag but accidentally killed it. After staring at it- I could t decide. When I saw the bug it was clear colored almost flesh toned. Once it died it darkened up the bEd is right next to an old window with some water damage so I was thinking it could have been a spring tail because we have a lot of them outside and have found some in the basement. Now this morning in the living room on my kids craft table (a mess full of Crayons, papers, and books and saw another bug just like the others from my boxspring on a corner of a sheet of paper so I swiped it into a bag and it survived. They are so small and hard to photograph they looks flesh colored in person. It photograph darker. I hope someone can help ID.

Not sure how to post the pics so I'm trying to figure that out now.

2. Johnchap

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Wed Jul 25 2018 11:54:10
    #

Login to Send PM

https://www.flickr.com/photos/143191908@N07/shares/50B4QM

Please let me know if the link worked

The bottom picture is of the first one I accidentally killed

3. zelchbug

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Thu Jul 26 2018 18:36:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Johnchap - 1 day ago  » 
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/143191908@N07/shares/50B4QM
    Please let me know if the link worked
    The bottom picture is of the first one I accidentally killed

There are a few folks here that could likely give you an ID, I'm not one of them but they don't look like the bed bugs I've seen.

4. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Thu Jul 26 2018 19:57:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Psocid - not a bed bug.

5. Johnchap

newbite

Posted 4 days ago
    Fri Aug 10 2018 11:05:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks guys. Pretty positive they were book lice. I've since had PCO come and they've declared. I bedbugs. This whole ordeal has definitely impacted my anxiety. "Bites" have continued to happen, but none in clusters, etc. haven't found any blood spots, and found a possible fecal smear but you can never really tell because god knows what 3 kids are capable of dragging around and dropping throughout the house. Cross your fingers for me, please!

6. loubugs

old timer

Posted 4 days ago
    Fri Aug 10 2018 11:15:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Johnchap - 9 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks guys. Pretty positive they were book lice. I've since had PCO come and they've declared. I bedbugs. This whole ordeal has definitely impacted my anxiety. "Bites" have continued to happen, but none in clusters, etc. haven't found any blood spots, and found a possible fecal smear but you can never really tell because god knows what 3 kids are capable of dragging around and dropping throughout the house. Cross your fingers for me, please!

Obviously not bed bug, but booklice.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

277,538 posts in 45,811 topics over 139 months by 20,174 of 20,973 members. Latest: busbugs, jklyczek, Thisguy97