ID Help Needed [a: beetle]

(3 posts)
  1. LostGirl

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Aug 14 2016 2:25:44
    #

Login to Send PM

Here I am again with another ID question….I tried to get the best photo I could but it is very hard to get a good shot as this bug is very tiny, and I'm taking the photo through a baggie. I am posting the two "best" shots I could get.

It was on the couch and of course I am now freaking out that it is a bed bug. Can someone please identify this? Once again sorry for the quality of the photo, perhaps you can use a magnifier to look at the photo.

Thank you.

2. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Aug 14 2016 8:05:55
    #

Login to Send PM

It's a beetle, not a bed bug.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  3. LostGirl

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Aug 14 2016 11:28:32
    #

Login to Send PM

loubugs - 3 hours ago  » 
    It's a beetle, not a bed bug.

loubugs, I thank you so much for this information, it takes a load off of my mind.

I empathize so much with everyone who uses this board, I have gone through the wringer with my bed bug experience and I don't take any time without seeing them for granted. Once you have them, it's almost all you think about. When you see a bug that you would normally just kill and throw out you are now taking photographic evidence and coming to this board to have it ID'd. I can't tell you how much I appreciate the experts on this board, and I just want to say a huge thank you to the board for providing a place for us to come to when we are dealing with this horrible issue.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

280,447 posts in 46,579 topics over 142 months by 20,544 of 21,410 members. Latest: itchymama4, PrismArc, unclejohn