ID help, found under mattress

(3 posts)
  1. willowthewhisp

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Tue Jul 10 2018 16:16:06
    #

Login to Send PM

For the past couple weeks, I've been waking up most mornings with very itchy bites grouped around a single limb or body part, raised like a mosquito bite but then hardening to a central point or breaking into a rash. Some turn leathery and pus, but I assume that's due to scratching. We haven't found very much evidence in terms of spots or stains on our linens.

So my partner and I actually found several prior to this one, but this is the only one we managed to hold onto and photograph well enough to be useful. This is after being in the freezer overnight.

I'm starting to go crazy over these bites, the inability to talk to anyone about it, and disturbed sleep. Please help!

https://ibb.co/gZYFGo

2. Nicoleslaw

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Tue Jul 10 2018 21:21:04
    #

Login to Send PM

That looks like a bed bug, I’m sorry to say. I’m not technically an expert but I’ve had them twice. Having bed bugs sucks a lot, but I promise it’s not the end of the world! It’s a giant pain in the butt, but honestly the anxiety I caused myself was the worst part. You’re not alone—just read the advice on this forum, have your landlord treat ASAP if you’re a renter, and try not to go too crazy. Good luck!

3. Nicoleslaw

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Tue Jul 10 2018 21:23:37
    #

Login to Send PM

May I also add, after weeks of feeling ashamed, I told some of my friends I had bed bugs—and it turns out most of them have had them too at some point. It’s somewhat inevitable if you live in a city or in apartments.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

281,375 posts in 46,780 topics over 142 months by 20,642 of 21,536 members. Latest: dhoomkethu619, Sybert224, Cannotdeal