ID fecal stains [expert stain ID needed]

(7 posts)
  1. jpalmer

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Aug 7 2017 17:49:09
    #

Login to Send PM

I cleaned under bed and found spots on hardwood that would not sweep up (First 3 pictures). No sign of shed skins in the debris. Also found small dark smudging on underside of comforter, which may have been there previously but who knows? (Last picture, #4) Are these bedbug-related? (It would be AWESOME if they weren't.) Thanks in advance for your reply!

Picture 1
    Picture 2
    Picture 3
    Picture 4

2. Confused1

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Aug 7 2017 20:15:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Could the stains be wiped off easily?

3. jpalmer

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Aug 7 2017 21:43:17
    #

Login to Send PM

I used a Swiffer wet mop which didn't take them off completely, even with multiple passes over them. I scrubbed using wood cleaner which took them off with a number of forceful passes. In some places there are brownish and/or greenish marks where the specks were, which I attribute to their being there a longish time.

4. jpalmer

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Aug 7 2017 21:43:52
    #

Login to Send PM

I didn't try wiping off the comforter stain

5. jpalmer

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Aug 7 2017 21:51:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Also, for reference, there was evidence of spiders, moths, and other bugs having lived and died in the area I cleaned. There was even evidence of rodent activity.
    The area in question was under a large drawer unit doubling as a bed frame. I imagine it hadn't been pulled out from the wall to be cleaned under in a long time. Months, even years.

6. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Aug 8 2017 0:01:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Hang on-- only a few experts do stain IDs.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  7. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Aug 8 2017 6:05:40
    #

Login to Send PM

HI,

100% not faecal, too particulate and too diffuse on the edges.

Hope that helps, I would recommend more time with the reference images to establish the level of fine detail contained in the images.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,846 posts in 49,561 topics over 153 months by 21,714 of 22,159 members. Latest: Guardian4, bughelpplz, defeatthem45