Id bug please

(4 posts)
  1. Whitesheets82

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Wed Jun 13 2018 20:35:44
    #

Login to Send PM

Been getting 2 weird red, itchy bites every couple of weeks. I just found this thing crawling up my wall at about 7:30 p.m.

Thank you.

Edit: The bug was right next to a lamp, so there's a shadow.

2. Whitesheets82

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Thu Jun 14 2018 12:06:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Wish i had a better picture. Would bed bugs really wait weeks at a time to bite though?

3. HifromChi

Posted 4 months ago
    Thu Jun 14 2018 12:13:20
    #

Login to Send PM

That looks like a mite, potentially a parasitic one, which means they bite to feed on blood.

They are usually a problem when you have rodents or birds within a structure or attached to a structure via a nest and they make their way inside. Nests get abandoned so mites go wandering off looking for another blood meal.

You need to find the source of the problem, possibly rodents in walls or nests outside windows or on a roof.

4. loubugs

old timer

Posted 4 months ago
    Thu Jun 14 2018 15:13:48
    #

Login to Send PM

It doesn't seem to be in focus, but looks like it has enough appendages to be a mite.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

280,537 posts in 46,600 topics over 142 months by 20,554 of 21,420 members. Latest: TRAY, tjg, jm1985