ID bug casing , shell found on sofa

(6 posts)
  1. bugdds

newbite

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Tue Nov 19 2019 17:13:06
    #

Login to Send PM

I know there are carpet beetles in my house, and on my sofa where I found these specimens I can't id. I travel a lot for work, and thus stress a lot about bedbugs. A pco came out in early October to do a visual inspection and found no bedbugs, only carpet beetles as I have been getting red bites/ spots. Presently I sleep on the sofa in my tv room. I have a packtite passive monitor in place since the summer on it but it was not in the correct position , just recently I placed it in the correct area(as per David's photos on lining underneath in most occupied area) .
    It has been clear for 11 nights in the correct location. I'm still getting random red bite type marks however on exposed skin occasionally. This morning several red marks in a row on my nose. I found these casings on the sheets on my sofa in the am after sleeping two days ago . Could one of the experts id these please? I've been so worried. I apologize for them not being so clear.
    A. First one is the yellow casing( 2 photos)
    B. 2nd thing I found were the brown pieces I found( 2 photos)

Picture_20194417064413 by Shel Bel, on Flickr

Picture_20194717034711 by Shel Bel, on Flickr

20191119_160017 by Shel Bel, on Flickr

2019-11-19-15-14-54-979 by Shel Bel, on Flickr

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Tue Nov 19 2019 17:56:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Non of that is bedbug related.

If you look at the example images of cast skins you will find their appearance does not alter.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  3. bugdds

newbite

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Tue Nov 19 2019 18:10:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you David. I really appreciate you personally answering questions!
    Your passive monitors have been clear for 11 nights on the sofa in the correct position , I am correct to believe that at 14 nights all clear I should be ruling out bedbugs.?

Today's bite looking things on my nose did not look like acne, could carpet beetles be the culprit to these random bite things I have been getting? I know I have a definite carpet beetle issue . I have read your instructions on how to treat. Thank you again

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Tue Nov 19 2019 18:31:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Yes 14 day is the confidence point.

Yes CB’s can cause skin reactions, we worked that out by finding cases with skin reactions and only CB’s and a very lucky “it’s just bite me there” and I found a larval hair in her cleavage exactly where she was pointing.

Please also appear to become more sensitive to them post exposure to bedbugs but that is not to say your current situation indicates that (let’s avoid getting on that crazy train tyvm).

Clean up the CB’s and focus less on BB’s.

David

5. bugdds

newbite

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Tue Nov 19 2019 18:46:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you again David. You helped calm me down. Will focus on the CB . Sometimes when you get so worried about the BB everything starts looking like it. You really are a great help.

6. bugdds

newbite

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Tue Nov 19 2019 18:47:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you again David. You helped calm me down. Will focus on the CB . Sometimes when you get so worried about the BB everything starts looking like it. Really do appreciate the help and those monitors!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,328 posts in 50,173 topics over 155 months by 21,930 of 22,427 members. Latest: nomorecreepycrawlies, buggerboo, Ctired14