Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

ID Blood spots on pillow.. come from crushed bed bug

(3 posts)
  1. yikes_bugs

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Feb 20 2016 15:50:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Have been struggling with bed bugs for months now. Had not seen signs for close to 2.5 months but recently saw some bites a week back (not confirmed). Cannot find any signs but saw these blood stains on pillow today. Note that the pillow was used between the legs by my pregnant wife for support. Could not see any crushed bug though. I felt the blood stain was too large for a crushed bug but she checked her clothes and body and did not see any blood.

I know red blood stains cannot be considered as confirmed signs but is it possible that these maybe from crushed bugs, especially the larger size one (1 cent coin for comparison)?

http://imgur.com/8fKcByT

Thanks

2. jim danca

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Feb 20 2016 16:35:54
    #

Login to Send PM

If that were from bedbugs, you would surely be able to find insects alive or dead.

PCO and inventor of a bio active bedbug trap
  3. yikes_bugs

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Feb 20 2016 16:54:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Jim, appreciate your response as always. Really sir you have been of tremendous help. I dont know how can I thank you.

I have very thoroughly searched my bed frame multiple times and have not been able to find one. My mattress has encasement which is clean and the bed frame is a simple ikea bed frame with wooden slats which are clean (no fecal spots). I dont know if they are hiding in some very hidden corner of the frame but the frame also has cimexa all over. It seems like I should have been able to find one.

A question about blood stains...One of the bigger stains, I was simply able to remove it just rubbing a little cold water on it. Can bood stain be removed so easily?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,214 posts in 50,140 topics over 155 months by 21,919 of 22,414 members. Latest: Bigworm, Cain69, Bery10