Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Introductions

I want to make an animation to shed more light on the problem...

(6 posts)
  1. fieryscubadivingaccident

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Dec 20 2012 6:56:19
    #

Login to Send PM

I can't really write anything about the anxiety and stress I'm going through that I haven't already seen from the hundreds of other posts on this forum. So here's the scoop.

So, while my efforts to fight them continues, I need something to do to manage all this insomnia. I'm an artist, so I kinda want to make them into art. I'm going to make a kind of a short PSA style animation that is as equally informative as it is spooky. Ultimately I'd like to achieve something visually similar to "Anatomy of a Virus", that effectively conveys the reality of bedbugs and the toll they take on modern living.

I'm not looking to inform people about prevention, I'm not looking to advertise a product or service, but really examine what they do to people, physically and emotionally. I just need a place to start. How do people react to getting them? How do people live with them? What are good coping strategies? What's the worst that could happen? What's the worst that has happened?

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Dec 20 2012 10:28:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Potentially a great idea if you focus on education rather than raising fear as much of the headline media does.

I will drop you a PM with my contact details as I have a lot of footage and material that you may want to get access to including images from worst case scenarios.

Good luck with your project though.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  3. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Dec 20 2012 12:23:53
    #

Login to Send PM

There is also a significant amount of anxiety and other related factors that are associated with the "non-worse case scenarios" as well.

In any case, this seems like a subject worthy of your efforts as long as we're pursuing the good fight of increasing public awareness rather than expoiting the fears, anxieties and bed bug experiences of others.

Good luck & best wishes with your noble efforts ! paul b.

(of course I'd be willing to provide any photos, videos and information that may be of help to you)

4. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Dec 20 2012 12:37:30
    #

Login to Send PM

fieryscubadivingaccident - 5 hours ago  » 
    I just need a place to start. How do people react to getting them? . . .

Hi Fiery. . .Accident,

I don't know if you have seen it, but there was a thread call "Why do bedbugs freak us out so much" (sorry I don't know how to link it) where some people on the forum posted their reason for being so freaked out by them. Maybe there is something in there you could use in addition to anything David Cain and Paul Bello can provide you with. (You can just put that title in the search engine in the upper right hand corner.)

Good Luck!

5. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Dec 20 2012 12:40:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Check out "The Human Side of Bed Bugs".

You'll find it either by search or on my articles page.

pb

6. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Dec 20 2012 14:18:49
    #

Login to Send PM

In my opinion, you should do two things.

First, read people's posts here for about a week. You'll get a pretty good idea about what people experience with bed bugs.

Second, be sure to fact check any information you're going to include, whether it relates to how bed bugs are detected, what they look like, or how they behave.

People often send me info graphics and cartoons and art-- and most of this gets shared and promoted on the site. But sometimes, the artists get things wrong and this spreads bad information, which is perfectly avoidable. I mean really obvious things that longtime students of bed bugs but non-experts like myself can detect a mile off.

I am happy to comment on any factual content (here or on email) you intend to include and I'd bet some of our experts would too.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,846 posts in 49,561 topics over 153 months by 21,714 of 22,159 members. Latest: Guardian4, bughelpplz, defeatthem45