Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

I want to get bitten!!

(25 posts)
  1. Ihatebedbugs1

Posted 8 years ago
    Sat Nov 5 2011 21:54:57
    #

Login to Send PM

So I caught a BB , and I want it to bite me so I'll kno how long it takes for me to react to the bite. My husband and mom think I'm absolutely crazy, but they are non reactors, so what do they kno. I'm just a little creeped out about it. I mean how am I gonna subject myself to the one thing that I've been fighting for sooooo long. I have to do it. I need to kno , otherwise, I'll never kno when to start my 60 days with out a bite countdown. I was wondering if anyone had any advise on how to go about it and some tips on making it less.... Creepy.

2. Ihatebedbugs1

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Nov 6 2011 8:34:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Im going to do it today... I think

3. futureBBmom

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Nov 6 2011 9:00:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Just go for it! I'd have a hard time doing it too. But if it weren't for the fact that I had actually caught a bug biting me in the very beginning, I would never had known what to look for. Knowing exactly how my bites start out and end is what tipped me off to the fact that my first heat treatment failed. (Otherwise I would have dismissed my bites as pimples, they were so non-obvious.) You have an advantage over the little sobs if you can identify their bites. It wouldn't hurt to have everyone in the family get bit to see how each react too. So I say DO IT! Do it TODAY! I'll hold your hand!

4. BugsMustDie

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Nov 6 2011 9:45:45
    #

Login to Send PM

While this is good research, I think you may have to perform it several times on different parts of your body to get the most accurate data. It's my understanding that many people can have both delayed and immediate reactions and this could vary on different parts of your body. So you could react within hours on your arm for example, but it could take a week for a bite on your leg to surface.

Also I think the amount of bites you receive at one time can impact this. I think it was David Cain (could have been another expert) who posted pictures of his bite response on one area on his body that seemed to react more quickly when he received more bites.

In my own experience, I have a shirt with blood spots that I'm able to match up with scars on my back. It took a period of several weeks for all of the bites to surface at different times. It's not scientific research, but rather luck that I have this shirt. I wish I had this experience in a controlled setting because I'm convinced some people's reactions may be significantly more delayed than others. I'm not an expert, but this is just from my own experience.

5. Ihatebedbugs1

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Nov 6 2011 22:05:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Okay so I didn't do it yet. Still trying to work up the nerve

6. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Nov 6 2011 22:15:40
    #

Login to Send PM

You are brave.

They
    Are
    Out
    There
    = TAOT
  7. rs1971

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Nov 6 2011 22:19:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Ihatebedbugs1 - 12 minutes ago  » 

This suggestion seems almost too obvious to make but I'll make it anyway: maybe a few (or four or five) drinks to set the mood.

-rs1971

8. cilecto

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Nov 6 2011 23:04:41
    #

Login to Send PM

rs1971 - 42 minutes ago  » 

Ihatebedbugs1 - 12 minutes ago  » 

This suggestion seems almost too obvious to make but I'll make it anyway: maybe a few (or four or five) drinks to set the mood.
    -rs1971

Note, if you drink too much, the bed bugs can't bite in a straight line.

Seriously, I recall hearing that entomologists can run a bite test on you in a "controlled" environment. If you're in NYC, you might want to contact Lou Sorkin at the American Museum of Natural History.

Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night...
    - Psalms 91:5-7

(Not an pro)
  9. lsdrg706

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Nov 6 2011 23:08:29
    #

Login to Send PM

cilecto - 2 minutes ago  » 
    Note, if you drink too much, the bed bugs can't bite in a straight line.

This gave me a little giggle that I needed.

10. bedbugsuptown

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Nov 7 2011 0:33:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Seriously, I recall hearing that entomologists can run a bite test on you in a "controlled" environment. If you're in NYC, you might want to contact Lou Sorkin at the American Museum of Natural History.

Thanx Cilecto. Didn't know that Lou Sorkin worked on CPW. Was gonna post Ihatebedbugs1 a shout-out for Lou to weigh in on this and you beat me to the punch with better stuff. I was reading Ihatebedbugs1topics/posts!

Ihatebedbugs, I understand that you were very recently treated by Terminex. That you signed a contract that promises that Terminex is under contract to re-treat within 90 days of signed contract.
    And now you've found a bb.(live) and your just itching to let it bite you???

Does the contract stipulate that you must have a bug-in-a-bag before they will re-treat your house?

If you are really fixated on this reaction/contraction business, (whatever the reason) remember that time is on YOUR side, yes it is.

I caught a live bug or 2 after my first chemical treatment. I didn't have a contract. Just a private matter with a PCO team of three--Phil, Lill, and Bill-y. Turns out they did one helluva job--I think. I got inspected by an associate of KillerQueen just about a month ago. Said my infestation was dead. Wish I could find my receipt from that inspection to document the exact date.....I called the rep about 2 weeks ago and she gave me the date. Did not document it..........lotsa Helter Skelter with bbs--but like Mic sings, time time time is on my side.

Look, copy this: DONT EXPERIMENT WITH YOUR BUG UNTIL 1. YOU HAVE WATCHED HOW IT'S DONE ON YOUTUBE. AND 2. KNOW EXACTLY WHAT KIND OF MESH COVER--FINEST WIRE EVER MADE/A BIT OF SEALED STRETCHED STOCKING THE PROS USE IN ORDER TO SAFELY CONTAIN THE BBs. okay?

11. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Nov 7 2011 1:22:33
    #

Login to Send PM

I got inspected by an associate of KillerQueen just about a month ago. Said my infestation was dead. Wish I could find my receipt from that inspection to document the exact date.....I called the rep about 2 weeks ago and she gave me the date.

Do you want me to send you another hard copy of the invoice or did you just want to know the date?

12. bedbugsuptown

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Nov 7 2011 1:28:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanx. I just want the date

13. Ihatebedbugs1

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Nov 7 2011 8:13:20
    #

Login to Send PM

I live in Newark Ohio... I would love to find someone to help me do this in a controlled setting but I'm not sure how to go about that. It's not like I can place an ad in the personals...lol.. any suggestions?

14. buggyinsocal

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Nov 7 2011 10:11:21
    #

Login to Send PM

I would love to find someone to help me do this in a controlled setting but I'm not sure how to go about that

Start by looking at the four year universities and colleges that are nearest to you and see if anyone in their biology departments focuses on entomology. Four year schools generally require more research from their faculty than do community colleges, so the chance of the school having an entomologist who has done research on bed bugs goes up at those institutions.

Or, at least, that's where I would start.

15. jrbtnyc

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Nov 7 2011 18:27:06
    #

Login to Send PM

Check out this experiment from 2007 as reported on the blog side here on bedbugger.com:

http://bedbugger.com/2007/04/18/bitefest1

http://bedbugger.com/2007/04/19/bitefest2

http://bedbugger.com/2007/04/20/bitefest3 .

Also you can type « bite test » on Google Advanced Search and limit the domain of the search to bedbugger.com which will give you...

http://www.google.com/search?q=bite+test+site%3Abedbugger.com&hl=en&num=100&lr=&ft=i&cr=&safe=images

...such as for instance...

http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/interesting-information-about-reactors-vs-non-reactors-to-bites .

Furthermore, bear in mind that in biology there are no guarantees. You might get different degrees of reactions from different bugs, even bugs of the same stage/gender but from different populations/strains/whatever.

16. Winston O. Buggy

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Nov 7 2011 18:35:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Get a clean small bottle or jar. Place bed bug inside. Hold same to arm and wait for BB to bite.
    give it time till it backs off by itself. Return cover to bottle, vial etc. Do be careful of doing this for over a week or so for if it is a gravid female eggs may start to hatch and some may get away. Be advised it may take your bug a while to bite at first. Try holding or exhaling into the jar at first.
    Name your bed bug but don't become overly attached.

17. lsdrg706

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Nov 7 2011 18:39:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Winston O. Buggy - 3 minutes ago  » 

"attached:" pardon the pun?

18. bedbugsuptown

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Nov 7 2011 20:47:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry, mmm, it sucks so good. I believe this kind of behavior is buggy and should not be encouraged. Forgive meIhatebedbugs1 but I'm posting to remind that you are a mother. So am I. And I have the balls to tell you not to let these guy bedbuggers entice you any further.

Take your kid to gymnastics. Get rid of your bugs and quit wondering about your biting cycle. Are you pms-ing?

19. Ihatebedbugs1

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Nov 7 2011 22:25:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Winston O. Buggy - 3 hours ago  » 
    Get a clean small bottle or jar. Place bed bug inside. Hold same to arm and wait for BB to bite.
    give it time till it backs off by itself. Return cover to bottle, vial etc. Do be careful of doing this for over a week or so for if it is a gravid female eggs may start to hatch and some may get away. Be advised it may take your bug a while to bite at first. Try holding or exhaling into the jar at first.

Thank u sir, very much for the advice. My bug does have a name, its Vlad I already have him in a salt shaker... So I guess all that's left is to bite the bullet and get bit!

20. Ihatebedbugs1

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Nov 7 2011 22:33:24
    #

Login to Send PM

bedbugsuptown - 1 hour ago  » 
    Sorry, mmm, it sucks so good. I believe this kind of behavior is buggy and should not be encouraged. Forgive meIhatebedbugs1 but I'm posting to remind that you are a mother. So am I. And I have the balls to tell you not to let these guy bedbuggers entice you any further.
    Take your kid to gymnastics. Get rid of your bugs and quit wondering about your biting cycle. Are you pms-ing?

Ummmm no, I am not PMSing, and me being a mother is EXACTLY why I wanna get bit. My children have had to live with the torment of no toys, bagged clothes, no curtains, no big soft blankets , no fluffy robes or slippers, and a crazy mother for over a year. We've had 1 treatment and are waiting for the next, and as I've explained already, its important for me to kno my reaction time so I kno when to start the bb free countdown and I can happily give my babies back their lives!!!!

21. bedbugsuptown

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Nov 7 2011 22:48:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Well in that case I will pass you the salt--shaker!!!

No offense intended Ihatebedbugs1, read your posts and you sound like such a good and sweet moms. Just the kinda mom I wish I was (and wish I had.) I just jumped the gun and thought that maybe you needed a wake-up. Do what you gotta do to give your babies a bug-free life. I get it.

God Bless you and your kids.

22. Ihatebedbugs1

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Nov 8 2011 17:42:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you bedbugsuptown ! I appreciate the retract and I'm sorry if I got a little snippy. This is really important to me and I should welcome all advice. I'm staring at my salt shaker right now... Mmmm... Maybe after dinner

23. bedbugsuptown

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Nov 8 2011 22:20:57
    #

Login to Send PM

You got me hooked Ihatebedbugs1. I want to read about this happening. My baby is a little shy of twenty-two years. She'd been itchin' to move out for awhile. Never had a room of her own and now she's earning a decent dollar. Kept telling her lil gal you need to save more money before you up and leave me flat. Well the bbs. sent her packing with not much more than the clothes on her back. That was back in July I guess. BB infestations should be documented.

My current situation is stiff upper lip/really hope this bb thing is over. Then at 1am I'll read a post about bedbugs hibernating--like they actually huncker down in foxholes and trenches waiting to attack. It's so viet nam.

The problem is I'm fairly non-reactive and right about now my idea of a dream come true would be to have a reactor sleep in my lower bunk. Even better-- have one reactor in the top bunk, another in the lower, and the third can have the couch for a few nights. I'll buy a sleeping bag and sleep on the roof. I could tough it out for a week. What ever it takes to convince myself that those suckers are truly gone.

Last night I went to the bed about 1:30am. The cat's getting old. Aside from the trips to her litter box and walking down the hall and into the kitchen for some cat chow she rarely leaves the bottom bunk.
    If she's getting bit she aint' talking.

It's 1:30am and I've had my bedbugger.com good nite fix and my xanex just kicked in. Inspecting the sheet for signs of buggy activity I delicately pick up a few specks of this and that to examine under my loupe. Not a single one of my specimens look like they ever drew a breath. With my index finger I dragged the last bit; thing three. And she drags just like a bit of charcoal or dried-up mascara.......

Yes, I was startled. Haven't seen anything like this in awhile. Well, I've copped to it--right here on the boards. Didn't think that I would post about this buggy business. Maybe it's just my foolish pride.
    Looks like it's time to hit it--goodbye bedbugger.com. Time to get this crib shipshape and see what's going on-copy that.

24. jrbtnyc

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Nov 8 2011 22:48:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Ihatebedbugs1 - 5 hours ago  » 
    ... Mmmm... Maybe after dinner

Or how about *during* dinner...it all depends who's dinner we're talking about .

25. Ihatebedbugs1

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Nov 21 2011 10:40:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Okay .... Sooo I never did get bit.. I was too chicken and now Vlad ( my captive bb) is dead. I only had him in the salt shaker for maybe 3 weeks or so. I thought they went much longer without food?! I still want to get bit, but I just can't do it myself. Maybe next Time...

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,208 posts in 50,140 topics over 155 months by 21,919 of 22,414 members. Latest: Bigworm, Cain69, Bery10