Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Psychological and Health problems caused by bed bugs (besides bites)

I think we have bedbugs. If I don't shut up about it my husband will take kids.

(5 posts)
  1. Livingagain

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Nov 12 2016 22:47:44
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't know how this helps, but I'm just so sad. I thought maybe someone could relate.

My evidence of bed bugs only amounts to 1) knocking something off my husband at night that left a trail of blood on the sheet (we know from our last experience that he doesn't react to bites) 2) two bites on my wrist 3) a fecal looking spot on my comforter that wouldn't transport to the Bed Bug Blue testing sheet to test because the comforter soaked it in. I want us to just isolate ourselves for a couple of months so we can observe and figure out for sure if we have bed bugs.

We have 3 kids (teen and preteen) at home that obviously don't want their social life cramped by having to stay home. Their dad sees this as an expensive boondoggle that happened before 8 years ago. He has told me and the kids that the bugs are in my head, not real. He's told me that I need to shut up about this or he will take the kids and separate from me. The kids would love this, no one to make them take precautions. So I get to sit by and possibly watch the kids spread this problem to people we love and care about. It's so hard. It's hard to see my way through this. Thanks for listening.

2. frightened

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Nov 13 2016 13:08:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi. Some partners are just not supportive. You cannot force them to unfortunately as I well know.
    You need to search your bed when husband is not around. You need a torch, possibly a magnifying glass (if you eyesight isn't that good) and some sticky tape to capture your proof. You are looking for live bugs, dead bugs and fecal deposits.
    Bedbugs do not multiple up overnight so a thorough check then once a week should be OK.
    Do any of the kids react to bites? If so then check their beds when you get a chance to do so discreetly.
    Good luck, hope you don't have any

3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Nov 14 2016 2:36:59
    #

Login to Send PM

I agree that inspecting is a good idea.

Note that if you have bed bugs, it is likely a small bed bug problem since you've only maybe seen one fecal stain. In a very light case, it would not be very likely that your kids would be spreading bed bugs. I personally think people should not be taking any kind of precautions unless they have confirmed evidence (and obviously, that assumes you've inspected closely or better yet, had a pro do this).

What happened 8 years ago?

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  4. Livingagain

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Nov 14 2016 7:26:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Eight years ago, we had a PCO treat us for a couple months, but because of continuing bites and my husband not reacting to the bites I got the house tented and gassed with Vikane. It's been a great 8 years.

It's hard to feel like I've searched very thoroughly because we have a four bedroom house and while it isn't really cluttered, when you have 5 people living in the typical American way it would be really hard to find harborages unless you lucked out and looked directly at them. The kids wear their pajamas around the house and hang out for hours in recliners or computer chairs. How would I really find something? I've got Climbups on the beds to try to catch something, but I'm worried that those will push the bugs further out in the house.

Also, we would have been exposed at the latest the 3rd week of September. The clock is ticking and I feel like the numbers will be exponential when I finally can find them. I'm so worried. I had a professional here to inspect, but he seemed nervous to touch anything and just told me that it would be hard to find the bugs in the bed foundation I have and hard to inspect the big armoires that we have in our bedroom. So that was our professional inspector.... we're on our own.

5. frightened

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Nov 14 2016 9:26:10
    #

Login to Send PM

I am no expert. How long ago were you bitten? Bedbugs will feed every 5-10 days. If neither you or the kids have new bites then you may be in the clear.
    Bedbugs like to be close to their food so examine your bed carefully. Are you able to lift the mattress on your own?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,305 posts in 49,236 topics over 152 months by 21,584 of 22,005 members. Latest: Robbysee, Elephant88, Nobugsplsto