i think we have bed bugs

(5 posts)
  1. Dave1203

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun Sep 23 2012 4:39:17
    #

Login to Send PM

i have been getting bites for about two weeks now at first i thought it was fleas, but all that changed tonight, i went to bed kind of late, around 3 am i felt an itch in my right foot so i scratched it it went away for a few minutes but then it started again, at which point i decided to get up and see what was on my foot i turned on the light and saw a round bug crawling away from my foot, (side note i have read about bed bugs and found out that they seem to not like alcohol much, so i went to the local store bought a sprayer and filled it to the top with alcohol ) i reached for my sprayer, and with a quick spray the bug died immediately , now comes the hard part ive seen only one bed bug, i spray my bed every night before i go to sleep, the funny thing is that this happened after i washed most of my clothes in hot water
    can anyone identify it for me
    http://s1260.beta.photobucket.com/user/dave0385/media/IMG_11291_zps347c8227.jpg.html?filtersuser=131695021&filtersrecent=1&filtersmedia_type=video&sort=1&o=0

2. feelinghelplesswith3 babies

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun Sep 23 2012 4:44:23
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm no expert and the picture is blurry but it looks like a bb. Have you checked the seams of your mattress and under the box spring ?

3. MasterBedBugBlaster

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun Oct 21 2012 1:51:01
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm gonna tell you this,go and by you some Diamateseouse Earth,called DE for short (Food Grade) and some JT Eaton BedBug Killer 2,get a furry or at least a fuzzy small blanket,spread the blanket out and spread some DE on it about a cup worth then fold up the blanket. Shake the blanket so that the DE dust is very light,get the dust all over the room etc. yes you will have a dusty room for about a week. Dust everything in the room,behing everything. Wear a dust mask while doing this. Them spray the JT Eaton on all baseboards,cracks,crevices,inside dresser drawers,bed frame,box spring etc. Do not spray it on your mattress directly just around the edges. Leave your room like this for a week. Sleep there that way they will come out of hiding etc. DE will dehydrate them overtime and the JT is a residual that they will take back to their nest. Killing them and their babies.

4. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun Oct 21 2012 3:41:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Dave you're going to need a better picture for ID.

And do nothing that Masterbedbugbuster has recommended. Not only is it the wrong treatment approach to eradicate a bed bug problem, it could make matters worse. Start with the proper ID. Then ask for sound advise if you need it.

5. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun Oct 21 2012 8:40:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Masterbedbugbuster,

Please spend some time looking at the FAQ's and understanding this site before offering advice in order to both avoid offering poor quality advice and potentially making someones problem worse.

Suspected infestations MUST always be confirmed before any form of treatment starts. There are too many times when something is suspected as bedbugs based on bites and symptoms when the reality is that its something else.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,240 posts in 50,145 topics over 155 months by 21,921 of 22,417 members. Latest: plsnopls, Ldrago, frustrated1970