I think I'll be bedbug free soon

(4 posts)
  1. Deadbugs2018

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Jun 26 2018 19:36:09
    #

Login to Send PM

16 days ago I found out my house has bedbugs. I immediately went on the defensive. We found out because my boyfriend's daughter reacts to them quickly within an hour or so after being bitten. Any way I went to Atwoods bought chemicals and diatomaceous earth. My boyfriend went to Walmart and bought plastic and duct tape. We covered the infected mattress takped it up and took it to the burn pile, it was bad blood stains and trails everywhere. We took the bed apart and put it in the burn pile too. We vacuumed everything bagged all clothes and bedding. Washed and dried every piece of clothing and it is all being stored in plastic air tight bins. The clothes go straight from dryer to bin I fold the clothes in my lap while sitting in front of the dryer. I bought a steamer and have steamed all upholstered furniture and treated with DE and ortho bed bug killer. Every crack and crevice has DE. We have each mattress and box spring in encasements. I found 4 live bugs and a bunch of dead ones a week after our first treatment but they were inside the box spring before we encased it. The last 3 days I have found 5 dead bugs. 3 on the couches and 2 on the floor. I have not seen any live bugs in a week. I check all furniture and the baseboards as soon as I get home. I ordered cimexa and it should be here in 2 days. I'm going to clean up the DE and use the cimexa and keep spraying every week for a while. I am ready to put my clothes back in drawers and in the closet. I have also decided that all my linens and bedding will all stay in plastic bins from now on when not in use in case bedbugs come back as it will make it easier to treat. Also, I have a friend who works for a hotel and is going to bring me some industrial bedbug spray that apparently is only used by professional and not for public purchase. So these SOBs are going to all die.

2. LittleRin

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed Jun 27 2018 17:27:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Good luck! I honestly would hold off putting your clothes back for a little bit if you can. Even if it means your clothes have to stay in a plastic bag or a bin, it'll be easier to keep things in order until you're sure they're gone.

3. Deadbugs2018

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Thu Jun 28 2018 5:03:47
    #

Login to Send PM

LittleRin - 11 hours ago  » 
    Good luck! I honestly would hold off putting your clothes back for a little bit if you can. Even if it means your clothes have to stay in a plastic bag or a bin, it'll be easier to keep things in order until you're sure they're gone.

I don't plan on bringing anything back in for at least 3 more weeks maybe more. I just meant I want to put my clothes back. I searched yesterday for bugs and didn't find any dead or alive. So searching again today.

4. Deadbugs2018

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Jul 2 2018 3:59:11
    #

Login to Send PM

Well I've found a few live ones in the last few days. I even had bites. I think I found the one that attacked me though and it's dead now. Ordered Tempo. Hopefully they will all die this time. But now I have roaches. How the hell do I have roaches on top of bed bugs. My house has never been so clean and clutter free and now I have roaches. Wth?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

291,416 posts in 48,817 topics over 151 months by 21,435 of 21,838 members. Latest: dc8184, bedbugtoronto, stinson