Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Psychological and Health problems caused by bed bugs (besides bites)

I think I have been living with bed bugs for years but no one believes me

(4 posts)
  1. crushedlikeabuginthedirt

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Mar 10 2018 0:55:15
    #

Login to Send PM

I am beginning to contemplate suicide more and more everyday because of the itchiness.

I am CONVINCED that I have bed bugs, maybe have had it for years. Many people around me have weird skin conditions and are constantly itchy and it is going everywhere... or I fear. People near keep describing weird rashes or itchy spider bites when they wake up in the morning. I have thought in the past that this was scabies.

I have had three different inspectors come to my apartment last year. None of my roommates believed that we had bed bugs and many people near me like my family & friends are itchy & have mysterious skin lesions/rashes and have all negated my fears.

I have not seen an actual bug in all this time but I hate living like I might be ruining people's livevs and in fear. I can only contain the itch if I clean my bed sheets often and wash everything I wear after wearing it once. I can only think of killing myself or running away. I feel like no one will ever believe me.

I don't get blood stains on my bedding, I have tried to set traps - nothing.

I have gone to the doctor, they said it wasn't scabies, they only gave me anti-itch medicine which didn't work.

I found my friend's dead body a month ago and that has been really traumatic and depressing my mood. Adding to the stress that I already have been experiencing which is my day to day life with this condition, whatever it is. Doctor's treat me like I am a hypochondriac. I am at a loss for what to do. I have no money. My partner doesn't believe me/is a hoarder...

I either need to run away and not be with him or fucking kill myself at this point. I just don't know what to do.

Is there a way poor people can get rid of them? I feel like if I do & hang out with ANY of my friends I will get them again.

2. thirdusername

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Mar 10 2018 1:04:07
    #

Login to Send PM

First, please don't kill yourself.
    Do you have access to a social worker?
    What city do you live in?

I am NOT an expert.
    My opinions are just opinions, they may NOT apply to yours or any situation.
    My advice is to always do a LOT of research.
    A lot of what I read contradicts other stuff on the Interweb.
  3. Mf1616

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Mar 10 2018 9:51:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Can you get a packtite passive monitor to confirm you actually have bed bugs? They are relatively inexpensive (around $20)... or just fold up pieces of paper or paper towel into a fan and lay around your bed.

Also, read this: https://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/if-you-are-feeling-suicidal-or-anxious-1

Things will get better...you don’t need to kill yourself. If they are bed bugs, you can get rid of them.

For the record, I am NOT an expert.
    My advice/opinion comes from past experience(s) with bed bugs and what I have read on-line.
  4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Mar 11 2018 2:18:31
    #

Login to Send PM

crushedlikeabuginthedirt,

I am sorry you are going through all that. I am sorry for the loss of your friend. It sounds like you are depressed also.

I think your itching may have another cause besides bed bugs. If it is from bed bugs, yes, it can be treated. The first step is to confirm the problem. I hope you will start a new thread here if you want to discuss that.

I am sorry but I must close this one as the forums have a policy on closing threads that discuss suicide. The reasons are explained in the forum rules: https://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/forum-rules-please-read

Please do read this thread that was linked above: https://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/if-you-are-feeling-suicidal-or-anxious-1

I will copy it here:

If you are feeling suicidal or thinking of harming yourself, now or in the future, please tell a professional and get help immediately.
    Call your doctor (or therapist, if you have one).
    Or go to an emergency room.
    Please do not ignore it or try to deal with it on your own.

You can also call a hotline. In the US, call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK.

Anyone (worldwide) can email or phone the Samaritans. They have branches in various countries and are highly regarded and can help you by giving you a space to talk. They can also help direct you to local resources.

Suicide: Read this First may also help.

In addition to depression and suicidal feelings, a number of people have suffered from anxiety due to bed bugs.

In this case also, please seek a professional counselor's input. We have heard from a number of Bedbuggers that speaking to a professional can really help. If you are on a limited budget, your doctor should be able to help direct you to resources with no fee or a sliding scale.

We understand the stress and hardship this problem can cause, but if you have bed bugs, you can get through it and you will enjoy life again.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

295,942 posts in 49,856 topics over 154 months by 21,816 of 22,282 members. Latest: bobtheworry, Whiskeygirl, bbquest19