I NEED YOUR HELP PLEASE!!!!!!

(8 posts)
  1. ago3

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Sun Jun 13 2010 8:57:24
    #

Login to Send PM

I need help!!!! My son has been getting bit for around a month now by what i thought was a mosquito...I live in an apartment complex and the building behind me is infested with bed bugs, but no cases in my building that i know of. I have gone crazy searching and searching for these little creatures and while looking one day i found a DEAD adult bed bug, it was confirmed by a company that it is infact a bed bug but the company DIDNT find any other signs of "infestation" so he thinks it was just a stragggler that made it in here....the catch, I found the DEAD bug in between my mattress and box spring so therefore it had to be alive to get there???? I kept searching and searching and still no signs EXCEPT for extremely tiny little bugs that i seen crawling on the wall, i only seen about 3 of them but they are so little and almost flush with the color of the white wall, are these baby bed bugs?????? I captured one and have it in a pill bottle for about two days now and it is still alive, thats what makes me think it is a bed bug and even though the inspector never found any signs of a bad infestation, something is biting my son, there was a dead one found between the mattress and boxspring and the only way it could have got there was to crawl and now these little bugs i seen crawling on the wall.....does this sound like bed bugs, do i need to throw out my mattress and furniture, i dont know what to do, i cant sleep i am a nervous wreck, please someone i need your help!!!!!!!!!

2. BugsInTO

Posted 9 years ago
    Sun Jun 13 2010 9:28:37
    #

Login to Send PM

So sorry this is happening to you and glad that you found this website. There is a lot of information here. Start by reading the FAQ's - especially the three listed for Bedbugs 101.

Do not start throwing out your furniture right now. A good PCO will want to examine your furniture, as it is, to help identify your infestation. Moving furniture around can spread the infestation. Read first.

There are some links to photos of bedbugs and you can compare them to your bug in a jar. Bedbugs have 5 instar stages before they are fully mature, and the early nymphs are fairly transparent unless they have eaten. You can try identifying these yourself (you'll need a good ight and a magnifying glass) or you can take your sample to a PCO for identification etc.

Good luck

3. BBcoukHome

oldtimer

Posted 9 years ago
    Sun Jun 13 2010 9:46:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

First thing you need to do is confirm what the samples are. If you use a magnifying lens you will get a much better view of the detail and if you can take an in focus picture of it try and upload it to flicker or a photoshare site so we can have a look.

I would also suggest that you check out pscocids which are similar to what you have described, if you follow the link below you will see some images:

http://www.bed-bugs.co.uk/pscocids.html

You also need to make sure you don't throw anything out until you know what is causing the problem as you don't want to inadvertently spread the problem or throw things away unnecessarily.

Read through the FAQ's here an you will be able to do an assessment of the situation it certainly sounds as if its likely to be only a light infestation if it is bed bugs although that is not certain at this stage.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

4. ago3

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Sun Jun 13 2010 10:02:03
    #

Login to Send PM

If there was one dead one then there has to be more if it was a female???? and if it is a light infestation or the beginning of one, i dont want to take the chance of letting it get big, also I am moving...how do i pack my stuff? unfortunately the move can not be put off and i just dont know how to handle this and i definitely dont want to take this problem to my new place!!!!!

5. bed buggy hell

Posted 9 years ago
    Sun Jun 13 2010 10:46:59
    #

Login to Send PM

depending on what country you live in and your financial state you can buy or rent a packtite to do all of your books, and all non washables before you bring them into your new house...another thing is viking...make sure you bag all your stuff tight before you have treated everything..i dont know what the little bugs on your walls are without pict., but the real little ones are a yellowy/red translusent ...and they are little....if they are bbs and they are on your walls they are either coming through the walls, or the one that was in there was a femal and the eggs have begun to hatch...either way you will have to treat everything in your apt...
    good luck to you..most of us have been through it and have or are getting through it...

6. buggyinsocal

oldtimer

Posted 9 years ago
    Sun Jun 13 2010 11:09:50
    #

Login to Send PM

If you haven't already, go read the FAQS on the main website since they answer a lot of the questions that you're asking.

7. fallacious_8686

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Sun Sep 26 2010 4:35:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Wash your clothing and bedding in hot hot water and dry them in the dryer for an hour on hot and that should kill any bugs in your clothes and bedding, and then bag it right away that will stop any bugs going in your clothes! But honestly sounds like bed bugs to me. I didn't know i was infested until i started getting like 20 - 40 bites I would wake up and just be itchy every where. But they can hid in the smallest of places, if there is a anything you can flip up on your mattress like a lining or a seam that you can look in look there they are not considered nocturnal but they dont like the light so they will hide in dark places and can get in everywhere... check your head board and frame.

8. MsV

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Sat Jul 21 2012 17:09:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello, I feel I am about to lose it too. I have read many post over the past couple of months, and I have followed most advice, but some things I did wrong.

I am an insurance agent, so I could have picked up bbs from anywhere, but, I was spraying digently with Harris's bb spray, but to no avail. So we got rid of the carpet in my room, and I found that the hard wood on the floor has many spaces and gaps. (house 100+ yrs old). I constantly sprayed to floor and use Harris' powder around baseboards, directly on the floor under the bed and under furniture, that I could get to easily. I covered the box spring and mattress, but there is not relief. For a couple of nights I had peace, but it seems, the tiny ones appeared. This has been a viscous cycle. The biggest mistake I made was using vasaline on the rollers of my bedframe, the bugs do eventually go to the ceiling and find where I am sitting and drop on me. Some are dead when they hit the bed or me, but others I have to spray with 91% alcohol. I truly cannot afford an exterminator, I only work a few hours per week, cannot afford to move, so other than borrowing a steamer, I have no solutions.

I did steam a few days ago, that night I slept well, but the next night there seemed to be more activity, do you think I hit some hidden territory and woke them up?

HELP

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,355 posts in 50,178 topics over 155 months by 21,932 of 22,430 members. Latest: Beachhouse, bbguy, Ladybug1993