Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

I need help finding a way for my parents to get rid of these bed bugs.

(12 posts)
  1. Insultingiguana

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Nov 6 2016 2:26:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Me and my family have had a 2 year bed bug problem that they are seriously neglecting.
    I find them in our books, kitchen, bathrooms, covered in any type of fabric, beds swarmed even in the day, I see probably over a 1,000 bed bugs a day!
    My parents payed twice last year [450$]in may and augest to get it sprayed because they "can't afford" the right treatment. We got the bed bugs in the middle of march.
    They dident do the beginning requirements, no one else helped. After the treatment was done The pest control place told us more tasks to do to ensure us to get ride of the for good. Rest of my family barely did that, so it was like we never got ride of them.
    So iv been constantly struggling with this problem, I am 20 years old but I can't afford to move out with going to college. I have yet to talk to the school because I'm to embarrassed and I yet to know if they could help anyways.
    A couple of other added note is that: my mom is selfish and blaming my father even though she controls the money/bills, I have tryed telling them sence the beginning to do heat treatments after the first month of trying to control the infested area. They have been buying 2 16$ cans a spray every week sence we got them and sometimes buy additional traps, powder, and other more expensive sprays.
    I did the math and showed them, they dident care. I also know how much they get paid and how the bills are. They can afford it after even mildly saving up for a month. MY mom also has been "ditching work" and has a slight hording problem so I can't ever touch her stuff. I also can't trust her with going in on halves for the heat treatment
    I'm sorry about stating my home life but this is why I cannot get rid of these bugs!
    I despritley need advice, wether it be getting them in trouble or finding the god Givin miracle to convince them
    Has this ever happened to any body else?

2. Insultingiguana

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Nov 6 2016 2:28:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry for the wrong topic post :(. I accidentally pressed go on my phone.

3. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Nov 6 2016 11:38:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Your mother probably doesn't want to go full force due to her hoarding since so much control effort will depend on how well some kind of prep can be done. The chemical sprays and powders will work, but application depends on where a product can be delivered. Even with heat treatment, if there is so much material, the heat won't penetrate into all harborage areas. If there are cooler areas, bugs will be able to stay and escape lethal temperatures. A few sprays here and there won't do much at all except give you the false sense that you are doing something.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  4. Frauleinash

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Nov 6 2016 14:09:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Your mom will not be able to get rid of the bugs if she doesn't get organized, any PCO would need her to de-clutter to treat. Basically, if you don't have her 100% full cooperation with the treatment, it's a waste of money.

That being said, there are several things that you can do to help your situation personally, but you won't be able to get rid of the infestation, just minimize it. I would get some mattress /box spring encasements for your bed, and also some climb up interceptors. I would also get a bottle of Cimexa dust from Amazon. Com and use it to apply in/on/around your bed and anything within 8ft of the bed. If you isolate your bed, they can't get to you, and that's almost as good as not having them.

Without more effort from your parents, I'm thinking these are your best options.

5. frightened

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Nov 6 2016 16:15:28
    #

Login to Send PM

If you do adopt the isolating of your bed as a way to minimise your exposure you will need to keep your bed clothes on the bed and change into them in the non safe area checking that you have no hitchhikers on you

6. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Nov 6 2016 21:46:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Insultingiguana - 19 hours ago  » 
    Sorry for the wrong topic post :(. I accidentally pressed go on my phone.

Hi-- it looks like you posted the same thing five times in a row. I've deleted the others. It please be careful.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  7. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Nov 6 2016 21:55:15
    #

Login to Send PM

It sounds like a serious infestation and given the amount of clutter, as others said, it would be hard to treat.

Unfortunately, the hoarding issue needs to be addressed in order to deal with bed bugs.

Are there older siblings or other family members or close family friends who might be able to help you intervene on that issue? To help convince your parents this is a serious issue?

If no other solution is possible are there family members or friends you could stay with (after some serious precautions to avoid transmission) or could you talk to the college about housing? I know that's a financial burden but it sounds like it may be hard to get your parents to act in a productive way.

When bed bugs are that advanced, you're all at risk of spreading them. If you have attached neighbors, that's another way they can spread.

Does your family rent or own the home and are there attached neighbors?

8. Insultingiguana

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Nov 6 2016 22:57:35
    #

Login to Send PM

We own the home, and I was going to talk to the college and tell them about the bug so they may be able to treat them before they spread to the neighbors. If I can get the apartment.
    I don't own a bed frame at the momment, and my bed is in cased, the issue is theres millions of them in the walls around my bed.
    also I'm very sorry about the repost I dident do it on purpose it was probably my phone.
    Thank you so much for he advice, I will try the powder treatment against the walls
    My grandmother and my cusen also got the bugs through us and they keep hounding my parents about them

9. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Nov 6 2016 23:18:44
    #

Login to Send PM

Don't worry about the multiple posts!

Sorry you're in this situation.

I'm not sure if the college can help you get treatment but they could probably help you get housing for yourself. If that happens, talk to us about how to move safely. Any items you take would need careful treatment; if it's furnished and you don't need to take furniture, that's going to help a lot.

10. Insultingiguana

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Nov 7 2016 9:31:44
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you, and Iv been on here many times before posted. This website shold be recommended way more.

11. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Nov 8 2016 1:04:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for your kind words about the website!

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

12. Proudmommyto3rottenboys

Posted 12 months ago
    Thu Jun 22 2017 23:18:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Just wondering about a update on this?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

274,686 posts in 45,068 topics over 137 months by 19,788 of 20,523 members. Latest: Starsky30, Sayitaintso99, bid