I might have transferred bedbugs to my school

(3 posts)
  1. Spas

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Oct 16 2014 12:51:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Turns out my room had bedbugs and i've seen one small, one big ones on my jacket at school. I also use backpack (which of course touched my jacket) and i am afraid, that the eggs/nymph/whatever stages have transferred to my chair or tables... Is it possible for bedbugs in eggs stage on your clothing to be glued to chair, desks, or bags? Because i read the female has glued its eggs that it's hard to get it off. Just worried if i could shake the bedbugs on my home, but i got infected again because i sit in the same chair.
    Other than that, i am afraid that my backpack and my books has been infested too, i am thinking of bringing my books on plastic bag tomorrow. Sadly, they don't have zipped bags here, and it'll still need time to wait for the shipping.

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Oct 16 2014 13:15:54
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Spas,
    Sorry you have bed bugs.
    It's possible to take bed bugs to school and it's even possible there were bed bugs at school and that's how you got them at home.
    Are you getting treatment at home?

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. Spas

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Oct 16 2014 13:40:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes, i have notified the landlord already, and he did say it's need a really quick treatment and he tries to contact professionals now. I don't know when, though, hopefully this week.
    The thing is, could i take precautions on my school? I have read the FAQs, but most of them are on houses, which said we shouldn't do anything on our own (except washing/packing clothes). Maybe,something like using rubbing alcohol on my chair or table, as example (I don't know german equivalent or is it even here, though). I don't really want to notify the school about it, like a false alarm, because i don't have proof that it is on my table or chair.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,897 posts in 50,058 topics over 155 months by 21,883 of 22,369 members. Latest: sai, Mary Borges, Pleasebegone2019