Should i, shouldnt i....but help.

(3 posts)
  1. BondGirl

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Thu Mar 2 2017 8:51:36
    #

Login to Send PM

I moved 2/28/17 into an apartment and found 5 bed bugs crawling on the wall late at night so I sprayed them with Raid and they died so I scraped them off the wall to show who I needed to show. Called my leasing office 3/1/17 she claims they never had bed bugs. She sent maintenance out here and they identified them as bed bugs. Leasing manager sends the apartments pest control out he checks the walls floor closet then says their dead in the closet. (BTW I NEVER EVEN UNPACKED so I knooooooo I didn't I bring them). I asked if I had an infestation he said "NO". He then says the real pest control will come tomorrow which is actually today 3/2/17?. For the past 2 nights I have NOT been bitten(TO MY KNOWLEDGE), no itching and I don't have any bumps and I haven't seen any more bed bugs. My leasing manager calls after the man leaves to say I'll get half off of next months rent and how sorry she was. ?Hopefully I won't be living here next month. I have been depressed and can't stop crying because of this. So should I move or should I stay??? Should I unpack then pack again if I decide to move???? I honestly don't know what to do. Any advice is greatly appreciated. I hope I'm not being overly dramatic but I'm really scared and paranoid. I killed a few bed bugs and now in my mind I think 500 bed bugs hiding plotting against me.

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Thu Mar 2 2017 10:51:04
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

We appear to have ghosts in the machine today and your post has disappeared on me.

This is a tough call and one that only you can probably make.

If you are certain its light and the first 3 - 4 days of occupation will show that then staying put will most likely be the easier option although you should push management to check all adjoining units (if they are clear stay), if not clear its time to move.

For now I would do all you can to protect the items rather than unpack. A week or two living out of boxes is easier than having to decontaminate it all after.

It will also help to reinforce the need to thoroughly inspect an apartment before you move in.

If you do find a lot of signs tucked away, take a picture and post it because it may help establish how significant the issue actually is.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 1 year ago
    Fri Mar 3 2017 1:13:58
    #

Login to Send PM

As David said-- try to get the landlord to have all attached units professionally inspected.
    Moving isn't always easy so if the landlord is responsive and knows what they're doing, staying may be an option.

If they don't do a good job, and you decide to leave, you will need to take some steps before moving to avoid moving bed bugs.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

275,892 posts in 45,388 topics over 138 months by 19,944 of 20,704 members. Latest: davebentonn, Therseld1931@armyspy.com, Chivabug