Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Psychological and Health problems caused by bed bugs (besides bites)

I just want to sleep again

(3 posts)
  1. phanstahp

newbite

Posted 3 days ago
    Mon Apr 16 2018 5:55:32
    #

Login to Send PM

It has been over a year since the one bedroom apartment I lived in got treated and I moved out of there two weeks after leaving all the furniture and anything I didn't need to him. But for some reason, every time I try to go to bed, it feels like they are crawling all over me, the same feeling I had when I had a fairly decent sized one crawling on my arm that I proceeded to flick off of my arm and ran into the bathroom where I sobbed for hours. As much as I look on the internet for people who have the slightest idea of what I'm talking about and have experienced this too, I'm left with nothing but search results of delusional parasitosis which doesn't quite seem to fit what I'm experiencing. I know that there are no bugs in this apartment, if there were I'd be covered head to toe in welts because I seem to have a bad reaction to the bites, but it still feels like I can feel them moving on my skin and it takes a decent amount of zzzquil for me to get any rest at all. Am I just absolutely insane and if others have experienced this, how did you finally find a way to fall asleep?

2. Goingcrazy7400

newbite

Posted 3 days ago
    Mon Apr 16 2018 7:16:02
    #

Login to Send PM

I suffer from PTSD due to bed bugs. It is a real thing and it can literally drive you to the far side of insanity. I too left my bedroom full of belongings behind and moved from my infested apartment back in November but can’t yet sleep in bed with my husband. I find talking about it helps and will be seeking the help of a counselor as soon as I get a referral from my primary care doctor. I would recommend speaking with your doctor about your anxiety. They have medications that can help. It’s literally the only way I’ve made it through. Best of luck to you!

3. phanstahp

newbite

Posted 2 days ago
    Mon Apr 16 2018 18:32:01
    #

Login to Send PM

My psychologist has lots of information about my anxiety and the situation I was living in and how I literally have breakdowns over having to drive myself to hallucination with zzzquil to help me sleep. She hasn't even tried to help me find ways to cope with it or therapy. I have plans to go to my family doctor tomorrow. I find that talking about it helps me in the day time but it reached a point that I kept saying out loud over and over "I do not have bugs, there are no bugs, you are imagining things, there are no bugs." and then that has even stopped helping. I just feel so uncomfortable all the time, everything I do just stops working after a few days.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

272,341 posts in 44,488 topics over 135 months by 19,506 of 20,185 members. Latest: R1180m, SBbluebed, Panic-in-my-bedroom