Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Psychological and Health problems caused by bed bugs (besides bites)

I just want to live a normal life again

(4 posts)
  1. Gilgamesh23

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Mar 17 2018 21:57:03
    #

Login to Send PM

2. StopTheSpread

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Mar 17 2018 22:45:41
    #

Login to Send PM

I can sympathize. I went through this.

1. Get off this site and don't google anything about bed bugs. You don't need this site right now and it isn't healthy for you.

2. You have developed a "hiccup" in the brain and you need to try and stop it. Allow yourself 15 minutes in the morning to give into your anxiety and think away about bed bugs. Don't feel guilty, just let your mind go where it will. Get it all out. At the end of 15 minutes stop and do not allow yourself to think of them again for the rest of the day. Go for a walk, play solitaire on your phone, watch an episode, organize a drawer. Just don't allow yourself to dwell on them anymore. Actively try and do this. It will get easier as time goes by.

3. Realize that there are MANY things that are worse than bed bugs. Unfortunately, many of us will have to face these things and it will require much strength. Appreciate the good in your life now. You don't want to look back and realize that you have wasted time (that you can never get back) worrying and being anxious about something you didn't need to worry about. Many people cannot lead a "normal" life due to all sorts of circumstances they have no control over. You can control this. It will just take some time. It will get better.

3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Mar 17 2018 22:54:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Gilgamesh-- did you want to delete this thread or just your entire post?
    If the latter, click "report this post" on any post in this thread and put in a note explaining that.
    Nobugs

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  4. StopTheSpread

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Mar 17 2018 22:59:20
    #

Login to Send PM

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,826 posts in 49,816 topics over 154 months by 21,804 of 22,271 members. Latest: wish2bbbfree, pedwards, Mawa316