I have no idea if I have bed bugs

(2 posts)
  1. motherbugger123

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Mar 15 2015 9:26:21
    #

Login to Send PM

So it all started when I woke up one night to go to the bathroom, and when I came back, there was a bug sitting right next to my pillow. I was half asleep so I don't have the best recollection of what it looked like. Being half asleep, I didn't have the best judgement so I just killed it and slept. Afterwards, I was looking at some pictures and it looked like a bed bug but I think it was bigger than what is usually reported as the size. Maybe a cm long? Again I don't remember much.

Anyways, so that was a couple days ago, and I still sleep in my bed but I'm always worried about whether I have bed bugs or not. I did a quick check around the bed and under the sides of the mattress but found nothing (I really should carry out a more thorough search but I haven't had time). Now today, I was about to go into my bed and I saw a reallllly small bug on my bed. Basically the size of a spec. Maybe the size of this period -> . Anyways, I don't know if that was a bed bug now. I'm itching a little but I think that's more of me being paranoid that actually having bites because I don't see bites on me.

I don't really know what I should do. How should I check my bed/surroundings for bed bugs and if I don't see any evidence for them should I just assume I don't have any? Also, luckily school's done in 2 months so I'll be moving out, but I might be taking my bed with me, so what precautions should I take before moving my bed?

Thank you very much for all your help!!

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Mar 15 2015 9:49:19
    #

Login to Send PM

The FAQs and galleries of bed bug images should help you learn what to look for-- if you find evidence, post a photo here for ID.

Fecal stains should be present if bed bugs are. Bed bug monitors are covered in the FAQ and may help you find samples.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

285,272 posts in 47,474 topics over 146 months by 20,939 of 21,246 members. Latest: AT13, miteneedhelp, Crumbsornot