Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Psychological and Health problems caused by bed bugs (besides bites)

I live with high anxiety. I no longer take pills for it. Then I got the bugs. Fr

(4 posts)
  1. Whyme0110

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue Apr 10 2018 3:03:59
    #

Login to Send PM

So to start off here I have a 4 year old. I have high Anxiety, had kicked it using everyday coping skills positive thinking. Stoped the anxiety medication. The three weeks after a huge blow out with the mother of my son (I have custody) a couple weeks later my son had a rash he has egzama. Treated, fast forward maybe 60ty days, and the darn things are falling off my curtains. Within the past five days I have spotted and cleaned, we just got this spray to, my bed has seen better days I'll get a new one. Trying to be positive. There is a major downside since seeing it and having one fall one I can't sleep. I have litterly been up for three days freaked out. I'm on the couch tonight, but tomorrow I go to war. I have already disposed of the curtains which were, only way I can describe it is I feel like a woman when I actually looked at it. I'm overly freaked out, all hours even if a arm hair or leg hair moves grab the flashlight,also go in and check my son as well. I now always have this feeling they are all over me, and they are not, I would describe this as mild issue in terms of how many bugs. Guess what I'm trying to ask is this, after I go to "war" with insects any advice to help me through it with my anxiety tripping, also should I contact my doctor or will this pass as I kill these things.? I'm tired, I want to sleep. Advice would be great.

Help!
  2. Whyme0110

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue Apr 10 2018 8:06:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Found bed bugs, is causing me major insomnia just slept my first 4 hours in almost 4 days. I do this while being a single dad, I'm pooped. Just exhausted and if anyone wakes me up I'm up. Super high strung since I found tfhem 4 days ago. I have never had a problem with bugs never. Baby moms loses it and now I got bed bugs. Shitty situation . Either way I'm on this positive thinking bs to curb anxiety. Not bs really helped, got me off the meds. So my question is this, will it get better because today I'm going to war with spray and this here vacuum. I have the articles watched videos I have been up for 4 days. Lol

3. Whyme0110

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue Apr 10 2018 8:10:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Found bed bugs, is causing me major insomnia just slept my first 4 hours in almost 4 days. I do this while being a single dad, I'm pooped. Just exhausted and if anyone wakes me up I'm up. Super high strung since I found them 4 days ago. I have never had a problem with bugs never. Baby moms loses it and now I got bed bugs. Shitty situation . Either way I'm on this positive thinking bs to curb anxiety. Not bs really helped, got me off the meds. So my question is this, will it get better because today I'm going to war with spray and this here vacuum. I have the articles watched videos I have been up for 4 days. Lol today will be my first treatment. I found the number 1 nest on my curtains. Disposed, had all thbe adult on it. I do not see Nything in the seams of my mattress, I have not flipped the box spring over. There was no activity between the wall and bed right underneath the window where the curtains were. I have plenty of other places to look I'm on the right path, just really messing with my head. Bad.

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue Apr 10 2018 23:37:49
    #

Login to Send PM

If you have a history of anxiety and are not sleeping, I would strongly urge you to see a doctor or psychiatrist/psychopharmacologist for help with both of those issues. Dealing with the bed bug crisis will not be an overnight thing, and gettting sleep/not being as anxious will only help you as you get rid of the problem. Anxiety is treatable. (Being unable to sleep is too, but dealing with the anxiety may solve that if they’re related. I am not a doctor.). I understand also that you’ve been off the anxiety meds for a while, but your health professional may be able to put you on them, if needed, just for a bit. Bed bugs can exacerbate existing anxiety problems or cause dormant ones to pop up.

Please be careful! Not sleeping is dangerous to your health and potentially to those around you.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

272,341 posts in 44,488 topics over 135 months by 19,506 of 20,185 members. Latest: R1180m, SBbluebed, Panic-in-my-bedroom