Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

I HAVE BED BUGS! Is what I'm doing working?!

(44 posts)
  1. Makaylaxoh

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Mon Mar 11 2019 18:06:41
    #

Login to Send PM

We confirmed BB two weeks ago. Treated all 3 units in my house, and I threw out my mattress and box spring (which were just on the floor, I never had a bed frame) almost the day after we confirmed. We had been getting bitten for 6 months with zero signs, then we finally found 3 bugs. I encased my mattress and box spring in plastic before transporting through the house to minimize spreading. The last in the first floor has also been getting bitten (I'm on 2nd floor). So I have 2 more days until terminix comes to do the 2nd spray (yes, every floor did the massive "prep list" and followed all directions specifically). During the spray and inspection they only found ONE BUG and no signs of them (they think maybe in the walls so they treated our walls very heavily). So we decided to order our bed frame and mattress and.get back to a normal life (we've been sleeping on a $20 air mattress in the living room, I'm losing my mind!). Okay so I got a metal bed frame, and I have a carpeted room. Here's my question: I'm really paranoid about this happening again to my new bed so I took a small paint brush and applied DE to to the carpet around each bed post. Put it down decently heavily but not too heavy around the accessible posts because I have 3 toddlers). I also got a mattress protector, and a bed frame that eliminates the need for a box spring. I bought new bedding, new pillows, pillow protectors for every single pillow in the house, mattress protectors for my kids beds, and a crib protector for my youngests crib. Will the def be useful barrier to prevent them getting on my bed of any more come out of hiding? I've also made sure the bed is 2-3 inches from the wall and no bedding touches the floor. Anyone else have any more tips? I want to best this!!!!

2. Makaylaxoh

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Mon Mar 11 2019 18:08:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Will the DE* be a useful barrier, is what I meant to say!

Also, the lady* on the first floor

3. astrogirl

Posted 4 months ago
    Mon Mar 11 2019 18:29:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Wow. 6 months and no signs worries me. I'm sorry the bites ended up being BB's but at least you know you're not crazy like many who have bites but still no signs. Sounds like you're on the right track with treatment. Good luck and hopefully you won't ever have to deal with these horrible things again.

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 months ago
    Mon Mar 11 2019 20:33:04
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

DE works best when used highly, heavily has a negative effect and disperses bedbugs.

I would strongly suggest you read the static content on the forum and the link below:

https://www.bed-bugs.co.uk/de

Although I have not inspected your case I am extremely doubtful of the claim “they are in the walls”, that does not fit with bedbug Behaviour, especially in such a light infestation.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  5. Makaylaxoh

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Mon Mar 11 2019 21:00:27
    #

Login to Send PM

bed-bugscouk - 24 minutes ago  » 
    Hi,
    DE works best when used highly, heavily has a negative effect and disperses bedbugs.
    I would strongly suggest you read the static content on the forum and the link below:
    https://www.bed-bugs.co.uk/de
    Although I have not inspected your case I am extremely doubtful of the claim “they are in the walls”, that does not fit with bedbug Behaviour, especially in such a light infestation.
    Hope that helps.
    David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

Thanks so much for your response! They just assume they're in the wall because myself and my.neighbor have been bitten horribly but when they inspect they can't find them anywhere. Aside from the few live ones I've found, and the one they found (and after the first treatment my neighbor found a few too, she says). But we've been getting bitten REALLY bad and haven't found the source! They were extremely thorough when they sprayed, the one they found was hiding in a crack on the bottom of my kids wooden toy box, and he managed to find it. A tiny little think in a tiny little crack. They did a great job. And there were a few fecal spots in my neighbor's house but no other signs. This whole situation is insane!

6. Makaylaxoh

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Mon Mar 11 2019 21:15:53
    #

Login to Send PM

I should also mention there's one main wall that connects my bedroom and the bedroom downstairs and they're both close to our beds. I think that's where that assumption came from, that they travelled and are meeting in that wall.

7. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 4 months ago
    Mon Mar 11 2019 23:30:40
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't know if there's something that's been left out of your information but this is not characteristic of a bed bug infestation. Any chance you snapped a photo.? After six months of unchecked growth I would expect that infestation to rank in the hundreds, not just one or two.

8. Makaylaxoh

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Tue Mar 12 2019 11:23:00
    #

Login to Send PM

BigDummy - 11 hours ago  » 
    I don't know if there's something that's been left out of your information but this is not characteristic of a bed bug infestation. Any chance you snapped a photo.? After six months of unchecked growth I would expect that infestation to rank in the hundreds, not just one or two.

Honestly it is the strangest thing any of us have ever seen. There was zero fecal matter, zero casings, absolutely nowhere to be found. Just some fecal matter on the mattress of the lady on the first floor, but nothing else. I was here during the spray/inspection and they literally looked EVERYWHERE, flipped every single piece of furniture in my house and checked every crack and crevice of everything. They said they think they may have been hiding in my box spring which was in bad shape and was already discarded, but when I did my own inspection of it before discarding I found absolutely nothing. I do not have photos, but I did save the bugs and MULTIPLE people verified they were 100% bedbugs. I started getting bit in October, my neighbor said she had only been bit for a month but I didn't believe her because she was bitten way worse than I've ever been, and post spray there were a few that came out of hiding in her place but not in mine. There are many things that could have been the source of the infestation that I discarded, being my bed, box spring, pillows and blankets. The 4 that I found were on my bed, and they found one in my child's room in a crack of their wooden toybox. It's really a crazy situation but we've seen none since getting rid of the bed and nobody has been bitten. The next spray is tomorrow and the exterminator thinks he will find more downstairs now that their hiding places were sprayed and they're surfacing, but we've literally only found a handful and very very few signs of them.

9. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 4 months ago
    Tue Mar 12 2019 11:53:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Do you still have the samples?
    It would be worth it to have a look and make sure you're not dealing with bat bugs. The differences between the two are so subtle that bat bugs are often mistaken for bed bugs.
    The information you've posted just sounds off to me. Bed bugs, and most creatures for that matter, prefer to live near their food source. They would have to pass up perfectly suitable refuge each time they fed; it would be like driving two towns over just to buy a bag of chips.

10. Makaylaxoh

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Tue Mar 12 2019 12:17:26
    #

Login to Send PM

They're definitely bed bugs. On the morning that they surfaced, one was even "red" after having just fed on me, and it was found right under my pillow, the bites that surfaced within those hours were right on my arm that rests under the pillow. When I crushed it (while I saved the others live in a plastic baggy to show the exterminator) it was legit blood that gushed from it. I've been getting bit in the classic bed bug pattern, in a row, as well as the neighbor. Like I said, I believe the infestation came from my bed but they travelled to the neighbor through the wall that connects our bedrooms (which conveniently our beds rested right up against).

11. Makaylaxoh

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Tue Mar 12 2019 12:19:56
    #

Login to Send PM

I will get on my laptop to upload some pics I sent to a friend, to peak your interest further! I'm not sure they'll be the best quality but you can have a look, just give me an hour or so.

12. Makaylaxoh

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Tue Mar 12 2019 12:40:07
    #

Login to Send PM

13. SalsaVince

Posted 4 months ago
    Tue Mar 12 2019 15:24:53
    #

Login to Send PM

How frequently were you getting bit prior to discovering them? That could give an idea of how large the population was. It seems like a very slow growth rate if they've been there since October as you stated. So you think it started downstairs in your neighbor's unit since they were getting bit worse than you? Did they remove the outlet covers from the wall to inspect behind them?

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles."
    Not an expert. Just a survivor who's still learning.
    Vince
  14. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 4 months ago
    Tue Mar 12 2019 15:32:20
    #

Login to Send PM

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it kill a family of six from Iowa and bury them in a shallow grave on the side of the highway.

Or however that saying goes...

15. Scared88

Posted 4 months ago
    Wed Mar 13 2019 8:39:55
    #

Login to Send PM

I remember reading your other thread, and thinking GREAT finally someone who has mysterious "bites" but has found a cause other than BBs. So sad to see BBs are finally found as the culprit, but at least you have your answer!

May I ask HOW you finally found the bugs? It was just chance that you found them on your bed one day? Was it day/night? Were you specifically looking for them? Any other details you can provide for those of us users who are in the "mysterious bites but no signs" stage?

Thanks, and good luck with your remediation!

16. Makaylaxoh

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Thu Mar 14 2019 17:35:16
    #

Login to Send PM

SalsaVince - 2 days ago  » 
    How frequently were you getting bit prior to discovering them? That could give an idea of how large the population was. It seems like a very slow growth rate if they've been there since October as you stated. So you think it started downstairs in your neighbor's unit since they were getting bit worse than you? Did they remove the outlet covers from the wall to inspect behind them?

They removed all the wall plates and treated heavily in the walls. And yes, that's my suspicion that it started downstairs. I just found my first baby bed bug on my brand new bed. We've been back in our room for 3 nights, and the second spray was yesterday. I haven't seen a bed bug since the day I found them, and then that ONE bug during the first spray. It's so upsetting and frustrating! Also, I was getting 1-3 bites every day or two. It wasn't a lot but enough to make me wonder what the heck is going on.

17. Makaylaxoh

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Thu Mar 14 2019 17:40:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Scared88 - 1 day ago  » 
    I remember reading your other thread, and thinking GREAT finally someone who has mysterious "bites" but has found a cause other than BBs. So sad to see BBs are finally found as the culprit, but at least you have your answer!
    May I ask HOW you finally found the bugs? It was just chance that you found them on your bed one day? Was it day/night? Were you specifically looking for them? Any other details you can provide for those of us users who are in the "mysterious bites but no signs" stage?
    Thanks, and good luck with your remediation!

One morning (February 17) my husband woke up, and woke me up to ask what kind of bug was on the wall right next to our bed. I knew immediately. We then inspected and found 3 more. There was still zero fecal matter anywhere, zero shells. Just 4 live adult bugs. Honestly it is all so damn weird. The guy from terminix said when I first suspected BBs the landlords pest control should have laid down traps (good professional grade ones that "breathe out" CO2 like a human does to really attract them) and then checked it 4 weeks later. If even one bug had been trapped, my apartment could have been treated. I suggest you send some good money on the traps, I'm not sure where you can find them but do some research. Again, even after all these months and all of this headache we still had VERY VERY little signs of BBs. We had our 2nd treatment yesterday and bought a new bed 3 days ago and moved back into the bedroom. Just found a baby BB on the new bed, the size of a the ball point of a pen and had a whole emotional breakdown. This is absolute torture and I wish this could have been handled months ago.

18. Makaylaxoh

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Fri Mar 15 2019 18:17:31
    #

Login to Send PM

nina - 1 hour ago  » 
    try John Price on 0203 285 7399 UK London number. you can face time or skype him.
    he put my mind at rest. went through nightmare for 4 /5 years.
    let me know how you get on

I am in the US and don't have international calling.

19. Makaylaxoh

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Sun Mar 17 2019 12:12:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Found another adult bug on my bed. I'm so depressed. I've already been bitten twice. They're gonna come again and spray again on Wednesday (will be 3rd spray). I bought climb ups for my bed posts and the the bed is a good 4 inches away from any wall and I re-dried my bedding. Should this defer bugs from getting on my bed? I'm so freaking over this. I'm also sleeping fully clothed to prevent bites, which is incredibly uncomfortable for me. I'm so depressed, and I have a 1 year old, 2 year old and 3 year old to tend to, I'm absolutely drained mentally emotionally and physically. Someone please tell me the climb ups will trap them and the pesticide will work...

20. SalsaVince

Posted 4 months ago
    Sun Mar 17 2019 16:35:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Isolating your bed isn't full proof for stopping bites since they could be in other places in your home or hitch a ride on your clothes or a hanging sheet. Wearing clothes to bed also wont completely protect you unfortunately. They can still bite your hands or even your face. I decided to sleep with short sleeves on so they could get to my arms instead but still not a great option. The treatments will work. You've got to endure a little more. Don't lose hope. Keep living while your dealing with this. Play with your kids. Watch a movie. Go for a walk. Although it's hard, don't let bed bugs become your life.

21. thirdusername

oldtimer

Posted 4 months ago
    Mon Mar 18 2019 1:03:53
    #

Login to Send PM

I read many reviews of climbups and it seems the consensus is that they are not perfect. They need to be cleaned to be kept smooth.
    I'm guessing a determined bug (ie. hungry) will keep trying until they get to the food.
    They are worth doing IMO but don't expect perfection.

Good luck.

I am NOT an expert.
    My opinions are just opinions, they may NOT apply to yours or any situation.
    My advice is to always do a LOT of research.
    A lot of what I read contradicts other stuff on the Interweb.
  22. Makaylaxoh

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Tue Mar 19 2019 7:21:51
    #

Login to Send PM

SalsaVince - 1 day ago  » 
    Isolating your bed isn't full proof for stopping bites since they could be in other places in your home or hitch a ride on your clothes or a hanging sheet. Wearing clothes to bed also wont completely protect you unfortunately. They can still bite your hands or even your face. I decided to sleep with short sleeves on so they could get to my arms instead but still not a great option. The treatments will work. You've got to endure a little more. Don't lose hope. Keep living while your dealing with this. Play with your kids. Watch a movie. Go for a walk. Although it's hard, don't let bed bugs become your life.

That's been my hardest part, I feel like the bed bugs are controlling my life. I don't have a bed skirt, and none of my bedding hits the floor. We also thankfully don't have them anywhere else in the house (the two sprays confirmed this, not only could they not find anything but we slept in the living room for a month and nobody got bitten and no bug was seen). I thoroughly check my clothes before I put them on and don't spend time in my room except for sleeping. I do feel so controlled by this issue, it is horrible. I also have even fortunate enough to have never been bitten on my face, just my feet and I leave those uncovered but no new bites thankfully.

23. Makaylaxoh

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Tue Mar 19 2019 7:22:34
    #

Login to Send PM

thirdusername - 1 day ago  » 
    I read many reviews of climbups and it seems the consensus is that they are not perfect. They need to be cleaned to be kept smooth.
    I'm guessing a determined bug (ie. hungry) will keep trying until they get to the food.
    They are worth doing IMO but don't expect perfection.
    Good luck.

I can't wait to catch one in the climb up so I can feel better about their usefulness.

24. SalsaVince

Posted 4 months ago
    Tue Mar 19 2019 9:34:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Glad you had a bite free night. Climb ups do work. They're not perfect but more effective than trying to look for bugs on your own. They don't eliminate bugs but they give you a good idea of if they are still there and how many. I caught a couple dozen bugs in ours over a couple of weeks. I had 4 of them setup around a recliner and each trap had a bug in it the first day. Then, they started to show up less and less as we treated until they stopped. Still had a few bites after we stopped seeing them but then the bites stopped too. If you want to increase your confidence in the effectiveness of interceptors, read some of the studies done on them, especially by Dr. Changlu Wang. Good stuff.

25. Makaylaxoh

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Thu Mar 21 2019 13:12:53
    #

Login to Send PM

SalsaVince - 2 days ago  » 
    Glad you had a bite free night. Climb ups do work. They're not perfect but more effective than trying to look for bugs on your own. They don't eliminate bugs but they give you a good idea of if they are still there and how many. I caught a couple dozen bugs in ours over a couple of weeks. I had 4 of them setup around a recliner and each trap had a bug in it the first day. Then, they started to show up less and less as we treated until they stopped. Still had a few bites after we stopped seeing them but then the bites stopped too. If you want to increase your confidence in the effectiveness of interceptors, read some of the studies done on them, especially by Dr. Changlu Wang. Good stuff.

So I decided to put the adult bed bug that I found last week into the climb up to see it's effectiveness. Yes, I saved the bed bug in a little baggie. No, it hasn't died which means it never travelled through poison to get onto my bed 🙄 anyways, I kept guiding it up onto the wall of the climb up, and it could get up there, but the second it tried to crawl up it fell in it's back. I did it like 12 times over the course of an hour and it could never get over either side. This made me feel better about the effectiveness, and we still have yet to catch one (they've been up for 5 nights now, and I have 8 because it's a metal bed and has 4 posts going down the middle underneath for extra support, all 8 are empty). Of course I put the adult bug back in the bag. No bites, and no activity. We do have a 3rd spray scheduled for next Wednesday. I can't wait until this is over.

26. astrogirl

Posted 4 months ago
    Thu Mar 21 2019 13:46:54
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you for posting this experiment. I'm so happy they seem to be working and no bites is a great sign. I have the climb ups too. I have yet to find anything in them. Did you put powder in yours or just leave them clean? Here's to the third treatment taking the last of these nasty mofos out!

27. datgirl

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Thu Mar 21 2019 14:06:46
    #

Login to Send PM

I can second the effectiveness of Climb-Ups. Never snagged a bed bug, but have trapped all matter of spiders, spider beetles, carpet beetle larvae, and one very defeated pillbug that I took pity on and rescued from the well (depositing it outside immediately). I never powdered mine, but I do try to wipe them clean regularly.

28. Makaylaxoh

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Thu Mar 21 2019 17:37:34
    #

Login to Send PM

astrogirl - 3 hours ago  » 
    Thank you for posting this experiment. I'm so happy they seem to be working and no bites is a great sign. I have the climb ups too. I have yet to find anything in them. Did you put powder in yours or just leave them clean? Here's to the third treatment taking the last of these nasty mofos out!

I thought about putting the powder in them but I was worried they'd defer the bugs away and the bugs wouldn't climb in and I want them to climb in so I can catch them and monitor their behavior to see if they came from a place treated with the poison.

29. Scared88

Posted 3 months ago
    Fri Mar 29 2019 7:05:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Makaylaxoh, any update? How's the treatment going?

30. Makaylaxoh

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Fri Mar 29 2019 13:05:18
    #

Login to Send PM

Scared88 - 5 hours ago  » 

We just had our 3rd spray 2 days ago and we haven't seen anything in about two weeks. I've been sleeping in next to nothing and.not getting bit. Not catching anything in the climb ups but I know they work because I captured that adult bug I caught 2 weeks ago, I put it in the climb up and watched it try for an hour to get over the wall and it would just keep falling on it's back. I put it back in the baggie at the end of the experiment lol.

31. Scared88

Posted 3 months ago
    Fri Mar 29 2019 13:08:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Makaylaxoh - 2 minutes ago  » 

Scared88 - 5 hours ago  » 

We just had our 3rd spray 2 days ago and we haven't seen anything in about two weeks. I've been sleeping in next to nothing and.not getting bit. Not catching anything in the climb ups but I know they work because I captured that adult bug I caught 2 weeks ago, I put it in the climb up and watched it try for an hour to get over the wall and it would just keep falling on it's back. I put it back in the baggie at the end of the experiment lol.

Yay! Sounds like success is near! Hope you keep sleeping well and the mess is over!!

32. SalsaVince

Posted 3 months ago
    Fri Mar 29 2019 16:58:04
    #

Login to Send PM

Awesome! Glad you're seeing some good results.

33. Makaylaxoh

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Sun Mar 31 2019 14:42:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Still no sightings or bites but I'm still scared. My downstairs neighbor had them too and she hasn't.seen anything for a few weeks but she has SO MUCH wooden furniture in her room and I'm scared they easily could have missed a single bug and we'd have to go through this nightmare all over again in 6-8 months.

34. Makaylaxoh

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Mon Apr 15 2019 19:37:16
    #

Login to Send PM

So update: we haven't seen anything at all and have spent time in our bedroom regularly. However, I just noticed a few marks on my white pillow protectors that look like blood stains (we had black pillowcases before so that's something that would have easily gone unnoticed). On 3 of my 4 pillows. But there's nothing on my white sheet and no dead bugs. Can someone explain this? It definitely looks like dried blood spots, it's a dark red color.

35. SalsaVince

Posted 3 months ago
    Mon Apr 15 2019 20:11:21
    #

Login to Send PM

So by my count, you are at over four weeks without having seen any bugs in your climb Ups or anywhere else and without having any new bites. Sounds like you are on your final stretch for the victory. I wouldn't let those red spots upset you too much. There are few different things that can cause marks like that that don't involve bed bugs and even if you do have a bite at this point but see no other signs of activity for this long, they've got to be on their last legs.

36. Makaylaxoh

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Tue Apr 16 2019 20:47:30
    #

Login to Send PM

SalsaVince - 1 day ago  » 
    So by my count, you are at over four weeks without having seen any bugs in your climb Ups or anywhere else and without having any new bites. Sounds like you are on your final stretch for the victory. I wouldn't let those red spots upset you too much. There are few different things that can cause marks like that that don't involve bed bugs and even if you do have a bite at this point but see no other signs of activity for this long, they've got to be on their last legs.

Thanks for the encouragement, I think I'm scared that even one missed bug can cause a reinfestation. The bug I caught in the bag FOUR WEEKS AGO is still alive (science experiment now, I suppose lol) so I'm scared that there's a missed nesting spot. Thankfully my landlord is on board with going with a heat treatment route if there are any problems in the future. I've read that's the most effective way to get rid of this problem once and for all.

37. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 3 months ago
    Wed Apr 17 2019 2:50:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

“Once and for all” - just NO.

While heat is an effective tool it will not prevent future introductions of bedbugs. One of the key reasons I won’t use whole room heating is that it disconnects people from the personal responsibility needed to prevent future introductions.

The reality is that my clients have already introduced bedbugs to their homes, having done so once there is a string likelihood they will do so again. As heat only works at the point that it’s done it does nothing to stop the bedbugs you could bring home the next day.

David

38. SalsaVince

Posted 3 months ago
    Wed Apr 17 2019 10:41:18
    #

Login to Send PM

Missing one bug will not cause a reinfestation if you have residuals or dust treatments applied correctly. First of all, even without treatments, that one bug would have to be an adult mated female, which if the rest of the bugs have been killed off is unlikely at this point. Secondly, even if it were, it would eventually have to cross the residuals to get to you to feed so it and any hatched nymphs from it would eventually die out anyway. That combined with all of the other things such as climb ups and good routines of changing and heat treating your bedding regularly will make an inhospitable environment that cannot support a bed bug infestation. So don't freak out about a potential lone survivor. And no need to consider throwing in the towel and switching treatment methods, like whole building heat treatments, after having had so much success with what's been done so far.

39. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 3 months ago
    Wed Apr 17 2019 10:48:25
    #

Login to Send PM

SalsaVince - 4 minutes ago  » 
    First of all, even without treatments, that one bug would have to be an adult mated female, which if the rest of the bugs have been killed off is unlikely at this point.

I don't believe it's wise to make that assumption. The female that I mated and isolated drop a new clutch each time I fed her for many weeks.

Chances are much lower, but assuming anything is how we got to this point in general.

40. SalsaVince

Posted 3 months ago
    Wed Apr 17 2019 14:14:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey BD, yeah I had your test in mind actually. I meant that it would have to have mated at least once in its life so after reaching maturity, there would have had to be an adult male alive to mate with it at least once. If treatments are working and adults are being killed off after crossing residuals to feed, the odds would be less and less than one male and one female could make it through all 5 stages to adulthood to be able to mate. Bottom line, not worth worrying about one missed bug if you're treatments and your ongoing maintenance are working.

41. bugged-cdn

Posted 3 months ago
    Wed Apr 17 2019 18:41:04
    #

Login to Send PM

The female that I mated and isolated drop a new clutch each time I fed her for many weeks.

Wow. Terrifying. And, bitch.

42. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 3 months ago
    Wed Apr 17 2019 20:34:25
    #

Login to Send PM

bugged-cdn - 1 hour ago  » 

The female that I mated and isolated drop a new clutch each time I fed her for many weeks.

Wow. Terrifying. And, bitch.

Keep in mind it was a lab setting, not in the wild nor under attack on many levels.

43. Makaylaxoh

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Thu Apr 18 2019 8:43:05
    #

Login to Send PM

This is why I love this forum, lots of great information! We have gotten into great routines as far as bringing the home. The Terminix guy said the first floor apartment was the headquarters and while impossible to say who brought them in her infestation was far far worse than mine. However my husband works in the public (city bus driver) she works at an elementary school. We've gotten into a good routine of having him undress as soon as he comes home and keep his clothes isolated. Heat treating our bedding. Not keeping clutter around (THIS has been a rewarding part of this whole mess, my house is so clean and decluttered and I've kept it that way!). I do finally feel comfortable in my room, I even have my kids crawl up into my bed every night for story time, which had moved to the couch for the last few months. Thank you all for the continued education and support!

44. Makaylaxoh

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Thu Apr 18 2019 8:48:40
    #

Login to Send PM

I also have a close friend who frequented my house while we were (unknowingly) infested. She's my only friend with no kids who can come over on the drop of a dime for some wine and reality TV after kids bedtime. After we found out about the bugs, I told her and she doesn't think she brought any home with her but on the side of caution, I bought her an outfit to wear when she's here. She's such a good sport. She comes in, goes right to the bathroom and changes and bags her "home" clothes. She's really an awesome friend, but we've made sure to take those precautions to prevent reinfestation.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

291,916 posts in 48,923 topics over 151 months by 21,472 of 21,878 members. Latest: NW516, Charly_051, EduardoR