Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

i have a bedbug question

(4 posts)
  1. triceratops

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Oct 24 2012 16:02:53
    #

Login to Send PM

there is 2 months left on my lease, i have bedbugs. am i able to get out of my lease early without having to pay?

2. Blackheart

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Oct 24 2012 16:47:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi triceratops:

Depends where you live. in Ontario. Canada, unless the Landlord agrees, he can hold you financially responsible until the unit is re-rented.

But if this happens, and if the Landlord did not adequately try to solve the bb problem, the tenant could apply the`the Landlord/Tenant Board to end the tenancy. It would be up to Board to decide to agree with the Landlord or Tenant.

So you probably need to get legal advice to determine this.

For anyone in the Province of Ontario the website is: http://www.ltb.gov.on.ca

Sam

3. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Oct 24 2012 17:12:29
    #

Login to Send PM

That's a legal question. Blackheart pointed you to additional information for her area.

Probably the best bet is a tenant right's group in your area for that question.

If you read the FAQs, it provides the pros and cons of moving during an infestation and options (vikane, heat treatment, etc).

They
    Are
    Out
    There
    = TAOT
  4. triceratops

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Oct 24 2012 18:14:14
    #

Login to Send PM

i live in edmonton alberta and my building is infested, pco tomorro... they are in the walls . i will check it out, thanks

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,275 posts in 50,155 topics over 155 months by 21,924 of 22,420 members. Latest: duracell, Parawail, Quiltergirl