Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

I found live bugs on my new sofa. I dont have a vacuum, what to do?

(3 posts)
  1. Flowers86

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Wed Jun 13 2018 7:41:09
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm disgusted and so upset. I couldn't sleep last night after finding live bugs and eggs on my ottoman which I threw out. Now I went to check a part of the sectional and there are about 6 bugs lined on the creases a long with some casings. I haven't checked the other parts of the sectional yet.

I purchased this chair brand new last year and I don't want to throw it out but I don't know what to do. The landlord will send Terminix out but in the meantime do I just leave those bugs there?

I don't have a vacuum cleaner or anything. How do I get them out?

I'm in tears. I have no safe place to sleep. I had no idea they were there. How did I not know that there were this many bugs here?

I imagine that there are probably thousands in my home. I think they might have been here for at least two years without me knowing, i just have that feeling. I never see the bugs around so I'm shocked to have found at least 12 so far not including the eggs.

I've had guest over and I've visited people and now I have to tell them the news. Ugh! They will probably think I'm so gross.

I should tell the people that I have visited and who have visited me right?

What do I do with the live bugs in the seams of my sofa? I don't have a vacuum or money to purchase one.

2. Pattycake

Posted 2 months ago
    Wed Jun 13 2018 8:10:12
    #

Login to Send PM

You can spray them with 90% alcohol. That will kill them on contact.

3. Bug Buffet

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Wed Jun 13 2018 22:25:11
    #

Login to Send PM

I would avoid spraying with alcohol, as it's a contact-only killer with no residual effect after it dries . Furthermore it's extremely flammable; any little spark will start a fire. If you can't afford a vacuum cleaner try to purchase a steamer. Heat is what kills bed bugs most effectively. On this and other pages are ads for steamers.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

277,789 posts in 45,873 topics over 139 months by 20,200 of 21,005 members. Latest: Bed-Bug-Beyond, Greg7707, Krogerss