(3 posts)
  1. pleasehelp194

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Apr 9 2017 12:28:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi BedBugger, I really really truly need your help

Last week was Spring Break and my roommate left to visit his girlfriend like he usually does. He came back on Monday and by Tuesday/Wednesday I noticed I had some itching on my legs and arms. That itching has slowly gotten worse and worse and I now have what I believe to be bed bug bites. I have them in what seems like a linear path up my leg, starting from a toe, and yesterday when I was sitting down I even felt what I thought was a bite on my knee and in the morning I looked and in that same place was a big mark and welt. Since looking things up on Thursday I've woken up with more welts and more itching spots even though I immediately tore my room apart, washed my sheets, my book bags, my shoes, etc. But also, I've woken up with only one welt in one place, and then two welts in another place on a completely separate part of my body.

I have absolutely no idea what this is and I'm even considering hiring a K9 dog on Monday because every single day I wake up with a new welt and itching spot. My friends are starting to get annoyed with me because I'm calling them crying because I don't know what to do. I got a new mattress from Mattress Firm in February, so I'm thinking if it is bed bugs it could be from that??? Or as I said before, my roommate literally just came back from vacation, though this has never happened before and he visits her quite frequently. It is Spring here though, and I know there are other bugs, but I'm about to lose my mind with anxiety. I can't concentrate on anything but this.

Last night I went to bed in leggings, socks and a long sleeve shirt, and I woke up with a new welt on my chest and three new welts on my shoulder area???? I seriously don't know what could be causing this anymore. Some of the welts are itchy and some of them just absolutely hurt. I've tore my bedroom apart and found absolutely no trace of bed bugs, eggs, blood stains, fecal stains, nothing. All I have are these bites, and my friends are now saying I'm just breaking out in anxious hives because of the way I'm acting. I don't know what to do at all or if it's even bed bugs but I just want someone to tell me definitively either way. I've read so much online that the only definitive way is to find a bug, but there doesn't seem to be anything! I dealt with a major flea infestation when I was younger and so this brings back a lot of those feelings, so I know a lot of this is related to that, but it's seriously so upsetting and nerve wracking to know I have to go to bed tonight and will probably wake up with more mysterious marks and itching.

If it was my roommate, does this even happen this fast? And so many every single morning? Wouldn't there be more obvious signs if it was bed bugs like the fecal/blood stains? From what I've read online, if I'm waking up with more bites every morning it'd have to be a bunch of them. My roommate is gone for the weekend so I can't even ask him if he's also experiencing bites, but I've gone into his room and also noticed nothing. I really, really feel like I'm going out of my mind.

Edit:: Pictures of the three new marks I woke up to, one is on my chest, near two marks I woke up to yesterday. I honestly have no idea what to do anymore. [chest] [shoulder] [shoulder]. I didn't even scratch my shoulders too much, it hurt too bad and they're already looking kinda scabbed and yellowy.... what does that mean?

2. ElisaR

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Fri Oct 13 2017 3:50:11
    #

Login to Send PM

I can't get the pics to open, but from all you wrote, it could be just anxiety also. However, wait for the pros to answer Meanwhile try antihistamin for the itching and hydrocortison can help also If you haven't found any signs of bb's, I'd say it is unlikely for you to have them.

Not an expert! Just one really easily anxious and extremely paranoid person. I try to help, mainly focusing on the psychological side of bb's. Haven't had an infestation myself. I have experience of carpet beetles though. Many years actually, I lived in a house full of them.
  3. Mawiwala

Posted 1 year ago
    Fri Oct 13 2017 3:53:10
    #

Login to Send PM

This is 6 month old. Probably was nothing and nobody will answer.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

281,545 posts in 46,823 topics over 143 months by 20,658 of 21,555 members. Latest: ykngrggpus, DoIHaveBB, Dread Bugs