Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

I don't want to go through this again! Help!

(2 posts)
  1. Blitzen

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Sep 21 2017 2:32:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Last summer I went through bed bugs in my previous apartment. It was an extreme situation not only from the bed bug perspective, but also the slumlord situation (that's a whole other story). Anyway, I've been bed bug free since last summer and moved to a different and better apartment in October of last year. I didn't bring any bed bugs with me because everything's been clean and good (hoping it still is). My building is three stories. I'm on the first floor. My property manager (who lives in the building) confirmed three months ago a tenant on the second floor brought bed bugs into the building. While management is doing their job and providing treatment the bed bugs traveled down to the first floor to my neighbor. Last week they were doing heat treatments in his apartments. I know part of the battle isn't just treatment, but is on the tenant to do all their work in cleaning, laundering, etc. So I'm not sure how well my neighbors are doing their part.

I am scared beyond belief though. The situation I went through last year was extremely traumatic. My previous slumlord was so negligent I was homeless for a month during the process and had to get every city department involved in order to get my life back. I was suicidal and since then I have had my dog registered as my ESA and have been diagnosed with anxiety/borderline PTSD in conjunction to last year's ordeal. I have moved my bed a foot away from the wall. It is literally in the middle of the room. I put DE in the sockets, piled up DE around my headboard, and have DE bordering the wall of my apartment that is next to his (it basically looks like I'm performing an exorcism), as well as in my closet. I have childproof socket covers in every socket all over the apartment that's not already occupied. Every morning and night I rip my bed apartment and inspect things, lifting the covers, sheets, mattress, etc. I haven't seen anything. But I'm slowly loosing my mind in fear they will travel to me. I'm sharing a couple pictures of my mattress. This is one of the corners by my head, and between the mattress and box spring. I just wanted to know if anyone sees anything? If I am in the clear right now how long to I have live doing daily double inspections to make sure I'm ok? If there's not a physical infestation, there's definitely a mental infestation in my head and I don't know how to get past my fears!

I do have quite the success story from last summer though! I plan on posting about that in the success story section. If you like major drama, this is the saga to read!

2. Blitzen

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Sep 21 2017 2:36:06
    #

Login to Send PM

I just noticed for me the pics aren't loading. Hoping sharing these links does the trick.

Picture One

Picture Two

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,797 posts in 49,805 topics over 154 months by 21,798 of 22,264 members. Latest: ireallydontwantbedbugs, bbinquiry_1, Smar1991