Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

I don't know if I can do it again. Hoping its an overreaction.

(3 posts)
  1. RJ05

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Aug 26 2015 20:46:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Bed bug survivor - 10 years free. I guess I've developed quite the paranoia about them though. I KNOW a series of bites don't always mean bed bugs, but this past Friday I noticed 4 itchy welts on my chest - 2 bites to each welt. I checked my bed that evening and I didn't find anything. I haven't noticed any bites since but I can't seem to calm my own nerves. Any idea what other kind insect can do that?

As I said before, I've previously dealt with a confirmed bed bug issue about 10 years ago. I had a false alarm last year (I had to get a PCO to come out and do an inspection) and I'm honestly hoping I'm just being paranoid.

2. FormerlyBuggy

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Aug 26 2015 22:07:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi RJ,

I think you're overreacting. It can happen to the best of us

As you said yourself, bites don't always mean bed bugs and it sounds like you haven't found any evidence of them.

Do you have a monitoring protocol in place? (Encasements, monitors and a periodic self-inspection ritual?) If not, that will help you detect them quickly before a serious infestation develops.

If so, you can rest assured that you're doing all you can to nip the problem in the bud if you are exposed. That should help a little with the paranoia and anxiety.

Hope this helps,
    Melanie

I am NOT an expert - just a grateful bed bug survivor willing to share my experience, strength, and hope with others.
  3. RJ05

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Aug 26 2015 22:13:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks Melanie. I don't currently have any monitors but I'm going to look into picking some up.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,610 posts in 49,509 topics over 153 months by 21,693 of 22,135 members. Latest: mrssachvz, mandy717, Lodo956