I couldnt believe it.. hope they're gone! [now: self-treatment not successful]

(15 posts)
  1. Jewels30fl

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Jul 26 2012 12:07:42
    #

Login to Send PM

I am hoping I have a success story but I came to this website for help and I have done everything!! First I believe my niece has bringing bed buds from my sisiters house who has been battling them for two years but of course she told me and my mother she didn't have them so we would still babysit and let her sleep over. Needless to say my niece is over atleast 3 times a week! I first seen a brown round bug crawling on my bed I picked up and squeezed it and it popped blood on me! I never had that happen when I killed a bug.I thought maybe it was from eating in my room so I vaccumed and cleaned.Then my other niece slept over and got bitten up bad and they became welts.My sister took her to the Dr. and they said bed bugs but noone cared to tell us so once again they still had babysitters!! Then I found two more on my bed the next night and when I told my mom and she said that's bed bugs!! I freaked being I just paid 1,000 for my bedroom suit 6months ago and I know my bed didn't already have bed bugs b/c I bought it all brand new! I checked everywhere and only found them on my bed and in my niece's slippers that she just brought from my sisters house who let me say moved from her old house into a new house and believed if she kept her furniture etc. outside in plastic for a day or so would kill them and then she took that furniture and other things to her new apartment thinking they were dead and I am here to tell you putting your stuff outside wrapped in plastic for a few days even a week doesn't NOT WORK!! I googled bed bugs and did hours of research!! Until I knew exactly what I was dealing with!! I threw out all my bedding,took all my clothes and bagged them up and put outside until I could wash them all! I threw out everything I didnt use or didn't need making my room clutter free but I must tell you I don't have alot of clutter and I literally dust,windex,and vacuum everyday before this!! I empty all dressers,night stands closets in my room! I bout the DE dust and mattress covers. I put the mattress covers on my bed to protect it while I carried my mattress and box spring out of my house so no bed bugs would fall off into other places. I threw out my mattress and box springs and was fortunate to be able to buy all new and then I bought two more mattress covers and put on my new bed so no matter what they can't ever get in my new bed!I put the DE dust everywhare you could imaging in my room even the electrical socket,took me bed apart and put the dust in evry hole you could think of! I had the DE dust everywhere and in everything!! And I put under my carpet and left it there! I used a shop vacuum heavy duty to vaccum every where imaginable baseboards,carpets,sockets,furniture,any andd everywhere!! I left the DE dust everywhere again for two days and cleaned everything with alcohol which does work on contact,and I use orange cleaner for some reason they don't like that stuff! I put brand new sheets and bedding on and bought bed bug covers for my pillows.I put petroleum jelly on my beds legs. And I slept in my bed and room last night which is three days after finding them and I stayed up late and kept checking through out the night and haven't found anything since I cleaned and went to war against these suckers! But having bed bugs literally drove me crazy and you will become obsessed thinking,reading,and figuring out how to get rid of them! I will continue to come on here and let you know if I have to fight theses jerks again!! OH! I am repeating theses steps again in 7 days thats when I read the eggs could hatch so I will be doing it again! And then I am gonna sprinkle the DE dust every month in and all around my house! I do see why it's so hard to fight it is a long,hard,and consistent process that you have to give your all and can't do half way!! If you do one thing and not the other you will never get rid of them!! I hope this helps and I will let you know soon if this worked!

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Jul 26 2012 13:43:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Unfortunately, it is far too early to declare this a success story.

Putting vaseline on bed legs may deter bed bugs from climbing onto the bed, but they will then likely spread elsewhere and you may have a harder time getting rid of them. Meanwhile, bed bugs already on the bed would be kept there. For this reason, if you must "isolate" the bed, a pitfall trap which traps bed bugs and allows you to see them there would likely be a much better choice.

Be careful with diatomaceous earth-- it should not be applied "everywhere" and safety precautions should be taken for application. Please see our FAQ on DE for more suggestions. Also, 91% rubbing alcohol can kill bed bugs on contact but is also highly flammable. And it does nothing to bed bugs you don't spray directly.

Please be cautious and do more research about effective ways to eliminate bed bugs. Our FAQs and the Comprehensive Guides in the Resources page are a start.

If you can hire a professional, or you're a tenant in a place where landlords pay for treatment, please get someone licensed and experienced as they will likely eliminate the problem more quickly and thoroughly.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. Jewels30fl

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Jul 27 2012 10:38:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Well I now found bed bugs in the corner of my popcorn ceiling. I haven't slept in a week and don't know what to do to the ceiling? I watched and killed them as they slowly came to the center to drop down and feed on me!! I have a major headache and I am sure it is from the DE and I sprayed the alcohol all night to kill them!! But I spent $200 already and I am a single mother I can't afford to call professionals!! I wish I could but what can I do next please help me! I am so tired and exhausted but I don't want to sleep anywhere e3ls and it go to a different room so I have to sleep in there but I am waking up every two hours and spraying them on the ceiling!! Please respond as soon as you can!

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Jul 27 2012 10:48:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Are you a tenant? In many places, the law says landlords pay for treatment.

5. batbugger

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Jul 27 2012 11:04:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Jewels, your story seems to have flaws you state....quote " I put the mattress covers on my bed to protect it while I carried my mattress and box spring out of my house so no bed bugs would fall off into other places. I threw out my mattress and box springs and was fortunate to be able to buy all new and then I bought two more mattress covers and put on my new bed so no matter what they can't ever get in my new bed!I put the DE dust everywhare you could imaging in my room even the electrical socket,took me bed apart and put the dust in evry hole you could think of! "quote.

If you could afford this then maybe you need to calm down, stop spending money being irrational and call a professional before your the problem gets out of hand and you get hurt from all that dusting!!! Good luck

6. Jewels30fl

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Jul 27 2012 12:06:36
    #

Login to Send PM

WELL I DO PAY RENT BUT ITS MY MOTHERS HOME AND I WENT AND BOUGHT ALL THIS STUFF B/C IT DOESN'T COMPARE TO HOW MUCH A PROFESSIONAL CHARGES SO I THOUGHT IF I DID ALL THIS I WOULDN'T HAVE TO CALL A PROFESSIONAL AND SPEND ANY MORE MONEY!! AND I DIDNT HAVE TO BUY THE BRAND NEW BED SET I HAD IT REPLACED. I DON'T KNOW WHAT "FLAWS" ARE IN MY STORY (BATBUGGER YOUR COMMENT IS NOT APPRECIATED!) THERE IS NO CALMIN DOWN WHEN YOU HAVE BED BUGS NOT SLEEPING,AND GETTING BITTEN ALL NIGHT DRIVES YOU INSANE AND BECOMES ALL YOU THINK ABOUT! AND WHEN YOU HAVE A CHILD IT'S EVEN WORSE!!

7. jean127

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Jul 27 2012 18:31:58
    #

Login to Send PM

You are absolutely right Jewels.....Amen to that !!!!!!

8. batbugger

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Jul 27 2012 22:52:00
    #

Login to Send PM

You don't have to appreciate my comment. I just hope you realize what you are writing and doing for that matter. Please be aware that most people on here are dealing with a bug problem so they know how it feels! I also have children a 3 yr old and a newborn, so I understand the drama that these bugs cause. All I am saying is you wrote a post about you basically going crazy with, De, alcohol etc and the title says .."My story I hope it helps!!" This is not going to help anyone except on what not to do! I assure you I am not trying to be rude, and I am sincere when I say calm down! You are only making the problem worse! If you have been reading up on these bugs like you say then you would know that throwing out your bed and immediately buying a new one was a bad idea. You could have saved the money and effort to get some sort of professional, and/ or bought a steamer or packtite and used the DE correctly! Please take nobugs advise on the DE situation. Some one on here recently posted a link about a woman who caught her home on fire trying to kill bbugs in her couch with alcohol( maybe someone can add link?)

9. Jewels30fl

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Jul 27 2012 23:31:26
    #

Login to Send PM

yes she did smoking !! First yes I wrote what I did b/c of other people writing what they did and how they got through it!I unlike you am not on here telling people,nor committing on someone else's post like I am a Professional.I am not an expert didn't claim to be I just shared my situation and what I did and the result as well as say " I hope this works " and I hope this helps!! I don't know what way your'e using this site but I used it to learn what it was,and ways that I could get rid of them with out a professional which would cost me way more then what I did! I spent what I had and did what I could and rading this site to learn about it ,and hear what others did and what ways worked and didn't work is what really helped me get through so i posted my post if you didn't agree or whatever your issue is then don't reply to me ! And to clairify I wrote bought all new b/c I rent to owm my bedroom suit so I was able to have it replaced with a brand new one but I did have to pay but not alot !! And if I didn't there's no way I could sleep in it even with covers so to me it was very important and Terminix is coming to my house nut the place I rent to own my bedroom suit is havinh them come! I hope it works!!!

10. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Jul 27 2012 23:48:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi, Jewels..please take a deep breath..in the morning, read some of your comments above. I am not a good writer, but I think I understood your last post to say you rent to own so you could replace the bedroom furniture cheaply?

From earlier posts, the bugs are on the ceiling. This sometimes happens when there is too much DE or barrier methods (or just becuase).

People are trying to help, and a lot of us on here are sleep deprived for various reasons.

Good luck to you.

They
    Are
    Out
    There
    = TAOT
  11. Jewels30fl

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Sat Jul 28 2012 13:24:55
    #

Login to Send PM

THANK YOU TO "THEYAREOUTTHERE" I WAS THINKING THAT THEY WENT UP TO THE CEILING B/C I HAVE THAT DE DUST ALL AROUND MY ROOM EVEN UNDER THE CARPET. BUT I THOUGHT THEY WOULD CRAWL ON THE GROUND INTO THAT BUT THEN I SEEN HOW THEY CRAWLED UP THE WALL AND ACROSS THE CEILING TO GET TO ME!! SMART BUGGERS!!YESTERDAY WELL I WORKED ALL DAY SO LAST NIGHT WHEN I WENT IN MY ROOM I DO MY RITUAL CHECK LOOKING UP ON CEILINGS,WALLS ,BED BUT I SEEN ONE LIGHT COLOR ONE ON MY FAN THAT WAS IT. I WENT BACK IN ABOUT 4AM B/C I SLEPT ON AN AIR MATTRESS IN MY LIVING ROOM AND I DO KNOW YOUR NOT SUPPOSE TO VACATE THE ROOM BUT ITS BEEN THE SAME AS ME NOT SLEEPING HOME DURING THE WEEK AND THEY STILLED STAYED IN MY BED SO I LOOKED AT IT THAT WAY B/C I NEEDED A GOOD SLEEP I HAVE WORKED THRU ALL OF THIS AND STILL HAVE WORK THE REST OF WEEKEND BUT MY HEAD HURT SO BAD YESTERDAY AS WELL THAT I JUST HAD TO GET A BETTER SLEEP THEN I HAD ALL WEEK! SO ANYWAY I WENT IN AROUND 4AM AND CHECKED WITH MY SPECIAL LIGHT AND I DIDN'T SEE ANY!! SO I AM HAPPY BUT STILL WONT HAVE A PEACE OF MIND UNTIL TERMINEX COMES .THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!

12. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 7 years ago
    Sat Jul 28 2012 13:57:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Jewels,

It sounds like the place you rent furniture from is paying for your bed bug treatment. Is this correct? Is this because they believe they may have given you bed bugs?

Rental and rent-to-own stores which rent furniture have been known to spread bed bugs. A number of them have been sued.

Please make sure Terminex plans follow-up treatments, since one visit is usually not enough for traditional spray/dust treatments; coming back in 10-14 days is a fairly common interval.

Also, don't take this the wrong way but writing in all caps is hard to read and is commonly considered to be like shouting on the Internet.

For what it's worth, batbugger had only your words to go on and they seemed to be suggesting you might have spent a lot of money (replacing bed suite with new, purchasing encasements 3x, etc.). I am saying this because it may help to know why s/he made the suggestions s/he did. Given more detail (the items were rentals replaced for free) helps clarify things. However, try not to be offended. People are trying to help-- even batbugger.

I also changed the title of this thread to better reflect the topic.

13. Blackheart

Posted 7 years ago
    Sat Jul 28 2012 15:57:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Jewels30fl - 1 day ago  » 
    WELL I DO PAY RENT BUT ITS MY MOTHERS HOME AND I WENT AND BOUGHT ALL THIS STUFF B/C IT DOESN'T COMPARE TO HOW MUCH A PROFESSIONAL CHARGES SO I THOUGHT IF I DID ALL THIS I WOULDN'T HAVE TO CALL A PROFESSIONAL AND SPEND ANY MORE MONEY!! AND I DIDNT HAVE TO BUY THE BRAND NEW BED SET I HAD IT REPLACED. I DON'T KNOW WHAT "FLAWS" ARE IN MY STORY (BATBUGGER YOUR COMMENT IS NOT APPRECIATED!) THERE IS NO CALMIN DOWN WHEN YOU HAVE BED BUGS NOT SLEEPING,AND GETTING BITTEN ALL NIGHT DRIVES YOU INSANE AND BECOMES ALL YOU THINK ABOUT! AND WHEN YOU HAVE A CHILD IT'S EVEN WORSE!!

I feel your pain Jewels, going threw the same sheet

14. god is my dog

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Nov 12 2012 7:30:25
    #

Login to Send PM

Jewels30fl - 3 months ago  » 
    Well I now found bed bugs in the corner of my popcorn ceiling. I haven't slept in a week and don't know what to do to the ceiling? I watched and killed them as they slowly came to the center to drop down and feed on me!! I have a major headache and I am sure it is from the DE and I sprayed the alcohol all night to kill them!! But I spent $200 already and I am a single mother I can't afford to call professionals!! I wish I could but what can I do next please help me! I am so tired and exhausted but I don't want to sleep anywhere e3ls and it go to a different room so I have to sleep in there but I am waking up every two hours and spraying them on the ceiling!! Please respond as soon as you can!

you mean to say you had the lights on and the bedbugs still crawled across the ceiling and then dropped onto your bed ???!!!

anyway, saw a video whereby a guy said that Clorox Clean-Up spray which cost only a few dollars will kill bedbugs on contact very very quickly and that it should be sprayed regularly all over the bedframe........

i would use interceptors (steel bowls filled with mineral oil) and make sure bed is away from walls and before i sleep, i'll change to ''clean'' clothes which i'll ''shake'' violently in the bathroom and make sure the soles of my feet are ''clean'' before going to bed

15. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Nov 12 2012 9:18:15
    #

Login to Send PM

God is my dog,

Please read my response to you in your thread about mineral oil.
    There are better ways.

Please note that if you click Jewel's username you will see her profile-- she hasn't logged in in three months and is not likely to see your response.

Moreover, reviving a discussion that's months or years old will probably not help the original poster but it does take attention away from current threads like your question in the other thread. Since you expressed a concern about getting a quick reply, you will probably appreciate that. Please read the forum rules which explains this further..

Finally, while I get that you're trying to help, you probably should not be giving advice about treatment and traps to others. There are people here with a lot more experience in this area.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,816 posts in 49,812 topics over 154 months by 21,801 of 22,267 members. Latest: Purplebrain, MrBedbug, Pioneer47