(5 posts)
  1. sharonp

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Jul 29 2016 23:33:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello,
    I have had BB since last summer. After, I first got them I used DE and covered my mattress and they went away. I wasn't getting bit but I would find dead ones occasionally. I did not do any other treatment. Over the winter I got an occasional bite on my ears. So, I put more DE down and that was working. This past two months with the warm weather they are worse then they ever were before. I don't hardly see them, I am just getting bit. I did see a couple alive ones one day and there are dead ones in my mattress encasement. I switched to Cimexa and that is working better than the DE, but it is not getting rid of them completely. I can't find where they are coming from since the bed is encased. I bought a steamer and did my couch but I get bit sleeping there. The latest thing I did was spray Temprid in the cracks and crevices, and other places like in my closets. That was about 6 days ago, and I am getting bit, not a lot but they have not gone away. I can put a lot of the Cimexa around my bed and couch, and that works a little but then I have dust all over. Plus, I cannot find any eggs, cast, or bugs.
    I wanted some advice on how to treat. This time I steamed, sprayed the Temprid, and reapplied a light dust to some areas, and the seams on my couch. I think the eggs keep hatching because the bites are not very big. I am getting maybe three at a time, nothing compared to before. I have to do another treatment. I wanted to use Phantom because the research says the bugs won't avoid it. The ingredient the bugs have not become resistant to. One question I have is if I can spray the Phantom over the Temprid since I used that before? Does anyone know if that will change Phantom's potency? It will be two week. Next, should I put the Cimexa on top of it or only in places I didn't spray. I want to spray my couch does bedlam leave a residue to kill bugs after you spray? I have been putting Cimexa on the couch seams. It is confusing using the pesticides right. I don't know if I am missing something I might need to add to the treatment. It has been steam, spray, dust. I want to chalk all the crevices so the bugs stay in and do not have places to hide. Any suggestions? I wish I could find where they night be. I have looked just about everywhere.

2. frightened

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Jul 30 2016 3:43:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Are you in an apartment? If so you may be getting them from an adjoining apartment.

3. sharonp

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Jul 30 2016 10:31:03
    #

Login to Send PM

I am not in an apartment. I live in a trailer, it is an older one. I think there are more cracks and places they can hide. It is not as sealed as a newer place or a house. But, I have just begun spraying stuff, so I hope that really helps.

4. jim danca

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Jul 30 2016 14:34:04
    #

Login to Send PM

You don't want to apply any liquid pesticide over the Cimexa. The label for Temprid should state how often it can be applied for bedbugs.

PCO and inventor of a bio active bedbug trap
  5. sharonp

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Jul 31 2016 11:03:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks! I did find a hole in my mattress encasement today. That happened the last time they came back. It had been on there around five months. I have been using duck tape to fix the holes. I have a cat and I thought I had been doing good keeping her from scratching the bed. I had put DE on the mattress before I encased it but it does deteriorate. Now, I am using cimexa and I have not seen any adults, just getting little bites occasionally. I took my dresser apart today, no sign of bugs or eggs. I have been tearing up tiles in my bathroom.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,194 posts in 50,136 topics over 155 months by 21,918 of 22,413 members. Latest: Peachyy92, Bigworm, Cain69