Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Reader questions (do not fit into other categories)

I bought a couch with bed bugs, did i get it out in time?

(2 posts)
  1. Boughtacouch

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Jul 30 2016 18:18:41
    #

Login to Send PM

I bought a couch, the second day after i noticed bites but went to the dr and he diagnosed as something else. Two weeks after buying the couch i found the bed bugs (nest), we immediately got rid of the couch that night. I started vacuuming. Washing clothes, curtains, everything. We found none on the mattress but i put a bed bug mattress cover on anyways. I haven't had a bite neither has my husband since then. I reacted very badly to the bites mind you. Large welts, intense itching that never stopped. It has been 3 weeks since the last bite. I got home from work and noticed a flat bed bug adult on my purse, whilst i was still in the car. I immediately crushed it and threw it in the grass. My purse had been with me at work all day, and my car had been in the hot sun all day. It's summer here and temps have been between 80 and 100 the past few weeks, with a few days of rain. What does this mean? Do i have them in my house? Do i have them in my car? Was it just a freak random bed bug left over? Was it one who maybe hatched? I don't think it had fed because it was flat. And we haven't had any more bites. I have two cats but haven't seen them itching. I also have noticed tiny black ants all over in our house, but this is normal for summer time.

2. Conwny

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Jul 30 2016 20:00:00
    #

Login to Send PM

I SO feel your pain! I, too, bought a used couch that came with bed bugs! I think you need to talk to a professional and get an inspection done! My infested couch wasn't even in my apartment for a week before I discovered the blasted things. I removed it and quickly got heat treatment done. If you have read up on bed bugs, it's always good to be proactive and kick em where it counts as early on once discovering them. I maybe could have taken care of my problem without heat treatment, but knowing I got the most effective treatment done (coupled with spray) gives me a little bit of peace of mind. I would start being very careful what you bring into your car with you. Can you dry on hot your purse, or isolate it in a sealed bag and use one that can be washed and dried on hot for the time being? Most people with bed bugs wash and/or dry all of their clothing and bedding and other linens and then bag them, while people being very careful to dress in clean clothes before leaving. It sucks, but it's not permanent.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

291,666 posts in 48,867 topics over 151 months by 21,454 of 21,857 members. Latest: frejohansen, Bedbugs47, Ccronk22@gmail.com