I AM AT MY WITS END.... Please Help!

(3 posts)
  1. Rf1024

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Mon Jul 30 2018 0:36:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello, I am a 30 y.o F, and I just bought a house in Royersford Pennsylvania this past December. Prior to that, I have been living down my mothers basement level of her home in Schwenksville PA while attending school. Ever since, I'd say the beginning of 2016, I have been getting bitten by something in the middle of the night that leaves extremely itchy red bumps that gradually get worse over time. The first one was on my knee and it literally made a hole in it, I still have a scar from it. I went to the doctors and he kept trying to tell me it was MRSA and I knew damn right well it wasn't MRSA because I used to get MRSA constantly in my early 20's, I was hospitalized 3 times for it, so I know exactly what MRSA feels like, and this was not the same feeling. The doctor cultured it and guess what? It came back NEGATIVE for MRSA. So I was right by assuming I had been bitten by something. I was bitten about 5 times living in my moms basement, over the course of 2 years, and it was always on my arms, legs and feet. I just figured since we were on the basement level of the house and my bed was literally right up next to the wall with the window right there, that obviously it was easy for the spiders to just crawl right on top of us while we were sleeping, so I just kept spraying bug spray constantly and kept getting bit anyway, but figured we are in a basement there is nothing I can do. But I knew I was moving soon into my own house, so I figured soon ill be fine because Ill have my bed in an actual bedroom and I wont get bitten anymore. Well, 7 months later, I am in my new home, with a new bed board and bedroom set, same mattress though(but mattress was bought new when I lived in my moms house), and I have been bitten 3 times now in my new room. I wouldn't say its been over the 7 months I have lived here, I'd say its been more so within the past 3 months that I've been getting bitten again. The bites come and go, sometimes ill get bitten within 2 weeks of each other then a couple months will go by and ill get another one, there is no consistency to the time frames that its happening in. Just like in my moms basement, the bites are always on my feet, arm, and legs, and they develop exactly the same way. It starts off as a little itch I wake up feeling, then when I get up (usually to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night) I see the raised bump/bumps freshly red and irritated on my skin. Then like a dumbass this most recent time, I pressed my fingernail into the center of it (Like one would do to a mosquito bite to take the itch out) and I forced whatever fluid was injected into my skin deeper into it. I am assuming spiders have an acidic venom type fluid that gets injected into our skin when they bite, because whenever I push them, a clear serous fluid leaks out and it always penetrates like acid into my skin, sometimes it even creates a blister. when I push it like this it makes the wound go deeper into my skin and now I create a bigger problem for myself. the one I have right now, the center is dark and has puss coming out of it. I finally got the infection to settle down and start to heal by sticking oil of oregano on it topically. My issue is, what is the chances that I am getting bitten by spiders so frequently? They say spiders don't like humans and they only come out at night to hunt for food, but they don't want to be around us..... also I have been the only one who has been getting bitten thus far up until the other night (the most recent one) My husband also got bit right on his face for the first time and his bump did the exact same thing mine did, with the liquid initially coming out of the center and then the blister like appearance and getting worse before better. So after this recent bite, i started freaking out thinking I had bed bugs, We literally tore my entire bedroom apart looking for bed bugs, I inspected every single nook and cranny of my mattress, the box springs, I took the light switch caps off the wall and looked inside of them, i looked underneath the legs of my bedroom set, I pulled by rug back I looked at all of my sheets and blankets...........nothing. The exterminator told me if it was bed bugs, and I had been getting bitten since I lived at my moms house, i would've seen them by now, he said there's no way i wouldn't see them on my bed or at least see dark spots or blood smears on my sheets. I haven't seen anything not even once. As relieved as I am that Its not bed bugs, I am so aggravated that I am continuing to wake up with bite marks on me.......... the one night I was sitting in bed with my legs under the covers reading on my phone and I actually felt something bite my toe, I jumped up immediately and pulled my covers off the bed and didn't see anything at all.......... I was left with the same familiar red itchy bump on my toe.....that one I didn't scratch and it still took like 3 days to stop itching. I read that apparently with bed bugs you don't feel them bite because they numb your skin before the bite, so this was another sign that it wasn't that......I also walked across my bedroom floor with white socks like the exterminator told me to do to see if i had fleas, and nothing..........even if it was fleas.....they wouldn't only bite every other week to once a month...... I would be getting bit every single night right? I am just so tired of this, I can't stand having to constantly heal these wounds, and slowly one by one, my body and nice skin is getting all scarred up from these terrible wounds. Could anyone shed any insight on what this could possibly be? I was thinking could I have a spider nest in my bed somewhere? I took my whole bed apart and inspected it....... could they be living inside my mattress???? There is a small rip in the material in the underneath of my mattress... I looked inside of it but couldn't see anything, do you think there could be a nest deep inside of there? I think I am going to get one of those bed bug mattress covers so that if that is the case (there being a spider nest) they cant keep getting out and crawling around and maybe they will die..... I really don't know what to think at this point, I am desperate and appreciate any insight-Thanks!

2. Mf1616

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Mon Jul 30 2018 23:45:39
    #

Login to Send PM

I’ve never heard of bites leaking fluid before. At least none of mine ever do. What you’re getting may not be bites at all. Could be a plethora of other things causing a reaction

If you’re worried about bed bugs, get a packtite monitor for your bed. Although what you describe doesn’t sound like bed bugs at all, it’s always a good idea to have one in case you do ever pick them up—you can detect them early.

You may also want to consider sprinkling some diatomaceous earth or Cimexa around your bed/room. If it is an insect(s) biting you, the dust will help kill them.

For the record, I am NOT an expert.
    My advice/opinion comes from past experience(s) with bed bugs and what I have read on-line.
  3. Rf1024

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon Aug 6 2018 0:26:10
    #

Login to Send PM

what plethora of other things are you thinking it could be?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

277,537 posts in 45,810 topics over 139 months by 20,174 of 20,973 members. Latest: busbugs, jklyczek, Thisguy97