Husband may have brought bed bugs home

(2 posts)
  1. 1scaredmom

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Mar 28 2013 15:09:06
    #

Login to Send PM

My husband recently went on a trip with his father. Upon his return he broke out with bites all over his body. I did some research and the hotel he stayed in while in San Deigo is a known bed bug offender. He reports that he kept is bag on the dresser and slept in a pair of shorts. He said nothing besides him sleeping was on the bed. Once home he placed his bag unopened on our bedroom floor. The next day he unpacked (in our room and on our carpet) and washed all of his laundry. The following day (after his rash/bites appeared) he placed the bag in the shed. Should I be freaking out? We have a 6 month old and I am so worried. Please help I have treated the house with cleaners, vaccumning, and I have placed our mattress in a plastic mattress cover. I am thinking about buying a new bed this weekend. Please advise....
    Thanks
    I am 1 scared mom!!!

2. cilecto

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Mar 28 2013 16:50:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi, 1 Scared Mom.

Not every visit to an infested location will result in bed bugs brought home. We have a good FAQ that outlines the steps one can take before returning home and on arrival. I would not throw things out or panic at this time. Bed bugs can be beat (and your valuables can be kept) with a tech who knows their stuff.

Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night...
    - Psalms 91:5-7

(Not an pro)

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,308 posts in 50,168 topics over 155 months by 21,929 of 22,426 members. Latest: MaryPoppinsYall, nomorecreepycrawlies, buggerboo