Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Hurricane Florence Evacuation: Part Two

(1 post)
  1. Suzanne

Posted 10 months ago
    Wed Sep 19 2018 16:54:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Recap: my daughter had to evacuate to PA for the recent hurricane. She found a bed bug in her hotel room on day 3 (no signs before that. She has good inspecting skills).

Current: it seems the people she took w her to evacuate as well have bbs at their home. Their bags have been in her car for the past week.

I have a few thoughts: the bed bug was in her hotel room bc it lived there (the hotel manager told us that the room had just been deep cleaned and treated)

OR It was a straggler from the car.

She is coming home tomorrow and staying w family. I am of
    Course concerned about transfer if it is from her car. She has vacuumed the car (but she’s 19 so how good idk!?) and has been bagging and drying clothes (we moved hotels).

I have contacted a PCO who said he would be able to steam and treat the car. He says he doesn’t have vikane and uses Gentrol and alpine. I know this has been debated for years on here about treating cars but honestly her house is completed flooded and I just want to be very cautious w her staying w family friends. This is unfortunate in light of these horrible circumstances.

Does this sound like a good plan of attack and are those pesticides ok? Any advice is appreciated.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

291,666 posts in 48,867 topics over 151 months by 21,454 of 21,857 members. Latest: frejohansen, Bedbugs47, Ccronk22@gmail.com