How's Everyone?

(5 posts)
  1. TerribleTiming

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Mon Apr 9 2018 22:33:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Just seeing how everyone dealing with bed bugs is doing tonight. I'm now a week out from my first chemical treatment. My son and I are getting bit quite a bit still. My three daughters aren't, though. I've no clue if mine are bites or if my extreme level of stress about this issue is making my skin go nuts. I'm honestly done worrying about if they're bites or not. All of our clothes are stored outside on our porch in bins. I'm making the kids change as soon as we get home and throwing their backpacks and jackets in the dryer as soon as we get home. We just pull them out the dryer the next morning. I'm still terrified that this bed bug will make me look bad as far as child custody goes. I divorced my ex after domestic violence issues and he was recently awarded limited visitation and wants fl custody. My common sense tells me that bed bugs can happen to anyone. Hell, he may have given them to me. We don't know. But it's still making me feel shameful and dirty. It's very difficult dealing with four kids and bed bugs at the same time. I tossed my bed and am sleeping on a twin bed I bought (and immediately encased) and the twin bed makes me feel like I'm a college freshman. I'm trying to find things to distract me from all things bed bugs. I work at an animal hospital. I am busy all day long. But all I think about are bugs. Not bugs that even pertain to my job. I can talk fleas, ticks, heartworms, whipworms, roundworms, etc all day long. But fuck you bed bugs. Anyways, my second chemical treatment is in one week. I really hope it gets my "minor infestation" under control. How's everyone else?

2. thirdusername

Posted 5 months ago
    Wed Apr 11 2018 0:22:42
    #

Login to Send PM

I wish I never had to find this site.
    Oh well, such is life.
    I'm mostly ok now but I still expect to see them hiding everywhere.
    Thanks for asking.
    I can imagine how much work bugs are with 4 kods.
    You seem to be managing so good for you.
    Best wishes.

I am NOT an expert.
    My opinions are just opinions, they may NOT apply to yours or any situation.
    My advice is to always do a LOT of research.
    A lot of what I read contradicts other stuff on the Interweb.
  3. leavemealonebugz

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Thu Apr 12 2018 20:24:54
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm no expert, just someone who is going through what you are.... I agree, it sucks that we had to find this forum but here we are. It's on our minds all the time. I wish you nothing but good vibes and success with these stupid bugs. Just think, there are WORSE THINGS IN LIFE THAN THIS. We can all beat these things. They will not control our lives forever. There is light at the end of the tunnel. You are not dirty and this is NOT your fault. They are a pest, just like mice, or roaches or spiders. Hang in there. It will end eventually. *Hugs*

4. TerribleTiming

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Thu Apr 12 2018 21:24:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes, there are worse things in life. Good reminder. These things are just so insidious. And I truly feel for all the the people out there who can't afford treatments or their landlords are assholes. As ridiculous as it sounds, there should be some bed bug outreach program in communities for low income families dealing with this issue. I'm sure there's something along those lines in larger cities. I'm in Arkansas, in a very affluent area and people just don't talk about this.

Tonight I'm sitting on my couch for the first time in a week and a half. I've been avoiding it like the plague. I've got no clue if I ever got bites while sitting on it, but being stationary anywhere but my bed made me feel beyond anxious. Tuesday of next week the PCO comes to spray again. I already told my landlord if it doesn't work I'll be pushing for more treatments and even heat treatments. And I'm prepared to take it to the mats if they don't agree. They've been helpful so far, but she keeps asking me if I knew where I could have picked them up at. How tf would I know lady?

So I'm just trying to survive the weekend. Get through the weekend to the next PCO treatment and hope and pray that life can return to normal. Where I'm not terrified of blankets on the floor and my clothes don't live on my porch.

5. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 5 months ago
    Fri Apr 13 2018 9:53:18
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't think that this will make you look bad as far as custody is concerned, I think quite the opposite. Everything you're doing to aid in the treatment, all of the extra work I think will show that you go above and beyond when it comes to you and your kids.

Killer of bed bugs for Homeless Empowerment Program

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

279,466 posts in 46,336 topics over 141 months by 20,421 of 21,261 members. Latest: rebecgood, chrissy8929, Chronic