How to wrap furniture for disposal?

(3 posts)
  1. scaredstiffofbbs

Posted 5 years ago
    Sat Apr 19 2014 20:02:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi all,

So I bought this big roll of shrink wrap with handles so I can wrap and properly dispose of furniture that's not moving with me to my new home. Only problem is, I can't quite figure out how to wrap it -- should I start by taping the initial piece of wrap to the furniture, or just encircle it and let it stick to itself at the end? Also, it seems somewhat unwieldy to me as a single person. Maybe it's a two person job? Has anyone here ever done it by themselves, and if so, any tips?? Also, should I tape the wrap up when done wrapping? (it's supposed to stick to itself, but that doesn't quite seem secure to me). Any helpful hints on how to do this would be much appreciated. I want to make sure no bugs (if there are any in the furniture post multiple treatments) can escape during the hauling away process. Thanks!!

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Apr 20 2014 6:29:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Let the wrap stick to itself.

Yes it's best done with two people if you are talking about beds and large items but it's not impossible alone (I do it all the time). It's best to plan you route out and to create the layers as overlap by off setting the roll by 1/3 as you go over itself.

The wrap will stick to itself giving the final seal so no need for tape.

When moving wrapped items lift don't drag.

Hope that helps with the practical side.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

3. scaredstiffofbbs

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Apr 20 2014 13:16:17
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks, David! It took me a couple of hours, stopping and starting, by myself but I got the sofa wrapped securely (I hope). At least, it somewhat resembles Kathy Bates in the scene in Fried Green Tomatoes when she comes to the door wrapped in saran wrap in an attempt to spice things up with her husband (minus the saran wrap bow on top). I think the recliner will be easier.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,607 posts in 49,509 topics over 153 months by 21,693 of 22,135 members. Latest: mrssachvz, mandy717, Lodo956