Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Tools/ideas for fighting bed bugs

How to treat/store luggage when you live in an apartment

(2 posts)
  1. Conwny

Posted 2 months ago
    Sun Feb 24 2019 12:00:04
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi, all. I had a bed bug issue a couple years ago, so naturally, I’m hyper aware of them now. I get pretty stressed whenever I travel, but I haven’t let my fear stop me. Last year, I traveled all over the UK and Ireland for almost six weeks. I never had a problem or saw any sign of bed bugs, but I legit threw my suitcase away when I got home (it was damaged by the airline, so that’s how I justified it). I bagged up everything (on the front porch at 1 AM like a weirdo) and dried on high heat what could be dried and inspected the rest.
    This year, though, I have two trips planned and I don’t know how I’m supposed to treat my suitcase when I arrive home. I live in an apartment and I have no private outdoor space to safely store belongings. We have a shared basement with shared laundry, so laundering things at all hours is not always possible.
    I’m considering staying with the friend I’m traveling with when we arrive home for the night. I can show her how to heat treat and inspect and then we can store our suitcases in her garage. But, should we get Nuvan strips to be doubly safe? Also, how do you know your suitcase is safe from bugs to then pack for another trip? Do you pack in the garage? What if you don’t own a garage? Where does one safely store luggage when arriving home from a trip?
    These kinds of things I just don’t know about. Thank you in advance for your responses.

2. thirdusername

oldtimer

Posted 2 months ago
    Sat Mar 9 2019 3:07:10
    #

Login to Send PM

You could put the luggage in a plastic bag with some nuvan.
    I don't know if they could find somewhere to hide though.
    I think that is the way to treat electronics though.

I am NOT an expert.
    My opinions are just opinions, they may NOT apply to yours or any situation.
    My advice is to always do a LOT of research.
    A lot of what I read contradicts other stuff on the Interweb.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

288,575 posts in 48,150 topics over 149 months by 21,216 of 21,570 members. Latest: Lh0512, patmc3853, stennisplayer07