How to survive with a bedbuged room mate

(4 posts)
  1. Kellbells

newbite

Posted 8 months ago
    Fri Jan 19 2018 6:55:35
    #

Login to Send PM

So I just moved out of my terrible apartment because the area wasn't safe and the rent was really high. So my boyfriend and I moved in with his grandmother for 1 year, to try to pay off some of our debt. Well about 2 days before we were supposed to move in (we has spent almost a full month cleaning out her uninhabitable back room, removing molded ceilings, fixing leaks, cleaning rusted carpet with metal literally rusted into them, and painting for the first time in 20 years spent about 400$ getting the back rooms ready) she tells us she has bed bugs throughout the house. Now at this point we have a chunk of our stuff here but are not officially living here. We have no choice but to continue with the move. So we moved in a month ago. I had not seen any bugs in our part of the house or gotten bitten ( It's easy for me to tell when bitten by them I'm severely allergic) Then a week ago I found one in the bathroom that we share (This woman keeps a dirty pile of clothes in front of the bathroom sink that is no joke waist high, all while having a washing machine downstairs) I killed it and thought that that was the end of it. Then this morning I go the the bathroom, and on the way back to my part of the house I feel this terrible itch. I think nothing of it, then I notice 2 more itches. Then I sit down and feel that I'm swelling up. Then I pull up my pant leg and see one. I grab it quickly, squish it, and now am in a state of panic. I need any ideas on how to make sure my stuff doesn't get infested, and any ideas on how to deal with them being in the only part of the house that we share.

2. cucucajube

newbite

Posted 8 months ago
    Fri Jan 19 2018 7:10:06
    #

Login to Send PM

hey, new to this community.

definitely do your research all about bed bugs. i'd take a guess and say get the *** out of there.

BUT, if you want to stop them from coming in your room, put dryer sheets around your stuff. Get lavender oil, put that around too.. google it. I'm not an expert.

I'm in the midst of an infestation myself, and i can't find where it's coming from.

3. cucucajube

newbite

Posted 8 months ago
    Fri Jan 19 2018 7:11:41
    #

Login to Send PM

reassurance is, you won't die from it. there are worse things in life.

at the end of the day it's going to be psychological stress and probably a ton of money spent.

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 8 months ago
    Fri Jan 19 2018 14:45:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry.

You may want to seriously consider any options you have for moving and treating items to remove bed bugs. A thoroughly infested home (which sounds like it isn't getting treatment) is a bad scene. They will get worse in a year. And you may already be in a position to spread them to other places, cars, workplace, friends' homes, etc. if you stay there and don't take precautions which are not something you will want to do day in and day out for a year.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

279,443 posts in 46,329 topics over 141 months by 20,416 of 21,255 members. Latest: nu2bedbugs87, ndjur, Krazybugger