Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

How to stop freaking myself out about possible bed bugs because I scratch myself

(5 posts)
  1. scaryterry

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Wed Feb 14 2018 1:46:04
    #

Login to Send PM

LONG STORY SHORT:

https://imgur.com/a/hqJ9G

Saw this scurry on my wall in the hallway of my room on Feb 3rd (not near my bed) and killed it. It was a bed bug. I recently bought some floor speakers from craigslist and maybe it had some living in it. They were stored in the closet for a few days outside my room (outside the hallway where it was found) -- I promptly threw them out, bought covers for my mattress, box spring after examining both and looked around, didn't see bed bugs. Someone came on 2/5 to examine, looked around a bit, didn't see anything and didn't think I had them.

My room is kinda cluttered because I have a HUGE record collection in my room, so there are a lot of places theoretically for them to hide.

It has now been ten days and I'm worried because I haven't seen a concrete sign... but things that keep freaking me out. For years I've been scratching myself in my sleep, sometimes to the point of bleeding. No idea why. Not all the time, but semi-frequently. I think I've had bed bugs on the mind and I've been scratching myself in my sleep -- I've woken up with things that I thought were bites but were likely just scratches.

The other day I had a bad scratch on my ankle (from myself) and I didn't think to check for blood on my bed. I looked yesterday and saw two bloody lines that looked to be exactly where my ankle rests on the bed. Was I just scratching myself? Was I scratching myself because of a BUG crawling on me?

Someone please ease my mind. I'm going crazy. My bed frame has a big square base so I can't get climb-ups and I put some Cimexa in various places near my bed but I don't know if that did anything.

2. thirdusername

Posted 3 months ago
    Thu Feb 15 2018 2:53:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Just because you have a huge record collection doesn't mean it has to be clutered.

I am NOT an expert.
    My opinions are just opinions, they may NOT apply to yours or any situation.
    My advice is to always do a LOT of research.
    A lot of what I read contradicts other stuff on the Interweb.
  3. Mf1616

Posted 3 months ago
    Thu Feb 15 2018 23:23:40
    #

Login to Send PM

You said you’ve been scratching yourself in your sleep for years, long before the bed bugs. Blood isn’t an indication of bed bugs.

Get a packtite passive monitor. From what I understand, when properly placed in/on your bed, you should be able to confirm presence of bed bugs within 72 hours.

For the record, I am NOT an expert.
    My advice/opinion comes from past experience(s) with bed bugs and what I have read on-line.
  4. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 3 months ago
    Fri Feb 16 2018 10:30:52
    #

Login to Send PM

I agree, a monitor would help your situation, it'll give you something to check instead of wondering about your scratching.
    As for the clutter, send me an inventory of your record collection and I'll tell you which ones you should send me for "decontamination."

Killer of bed bugs for Homeless Empowerment Program
  5. FayeState

oldtimer

Posted 3 months ago
    Fri Feb 16 2018 14:12:45
    #

Login to Send PM

BigDummy, you're sneaky.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

273,610 posts in 44,798 topics over 137 months by 19,660 of 20,361 members. Latest: freakednurse, Cottagebugs, victor