Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

how to prevent bed bugs to get in my apartment?

(2 posts)
  1. charlotte5555

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Apr 7 2011 22:58:33
    #

Login to Send PM

so the unit in front of mine ( we share one wall) has bed begs, the pco found 30 bedbugs (not sure if they were all aldults) it seems like the infestation was limited to one of their 2 bedroom apt. IM AM FREAKING OUT! so i bought climb ups for my bed and my 2 sofas and caulked and the pco is coming next week to check every condo in the building, i also bought permethrin powder and sprinkled it where the floor and wall meets and also on my matress and furniture. i put all of my stuff in plastic bags because i dont want bed bugs to ruin my favorite clothing pieces. oh and i also bought safety outlet plugs and put powder on them because i know bed bugs can hide there.. and also a steamer i steam my mattress and furniture everyday so....will i still get bed bugs?????? it makes me want to sell my condo and move into a house

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Apr 8 2011 0:43:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Try not to panic. You won't necessarily get bed bugs.

If their bed bugs were all in one room, this is a good sign. So is the fact that it sounds like it was caught early, and that the entire building is being searched.

Personally, I would not start applying sprays or dusts. I would wait and let the PCO inspect. If you move things or self-treat, you may be affecting his/her ability to properly inspect your residence for signs. If you have them, you can get treatment, and there are signs your building is handling this well so far.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,776 posts in 50,036 topics over 155 months by 21,875 of 22,360 members. Latest: Mikayah, maybeebedbugs, jnnafnlys01