Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

How to make sure item is properly sealed for storage? companies can store 18mo?

(3 posts)
  1. rara7777

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Mar 4 2017 11:27:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Does anyone know of any storage facility that lets you place treated items with (potentially, hopefully not) bed bugs if sealed? I have a couple pieces of furniture that were my grandmothers and i'd like them sprayed and then placed in storage for 18 months sealed but every company I ask says NO WAY and the pesticide companies say to NOT tell the facility and just make sure everything is sealed.

This seem dangerous to myself (possible liability) and to others (could infect their stuff accidentally). I'd like somebody to possibly help seal / shrink wrap / confirm my items are properly sealed. Do you know anyone who does this or could point me to somebody who does?

How have you guy sealed your larger items? Is there a way to make sure nothing can get in or out during storage?

edit: Is there anyone I can ask or be referred to who might be able to answer this question?

edit 2: I live in Jersey city / nyc tri-state metropolitan area

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Mar 4 2017 22:01:22
    #

Login to Send PM

If there is a mobile treatment van that might be the way to go. The storage fees for eighteen months are not necessary as they would total more than a treatment.

3. BBScare2017

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Mar 5 2017 1:17:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Fairly new to the bedbug world but I would imagine having a professional treat your items in like a mobile truck or paying a professional to treat each individual item would cost a lot less than doing that and paying storing for 18 months. But to answer your actual question, no clue.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,845 posts in 50,049 topics over 155 months by 21,878 of 22,364 members. Latest: Datnguyen, Mariam, GoingBananas