(12 posts)
  1. Stressed_UK

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Sep 5 2019 5:34:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi

I brought some items over from a house with bed bugs. They are currently in sealed bags in my garage. I don't think they are items which would naturally be attractive to bugs (antique wooden clock etc) and they were not in the bedbug hotspot rooms. But I don't want to risk it. What is the best way to decontaminate relatively fragile items. Should I see if a local Pest Control company provide a service?

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Sep 5 2019 5:55:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

There are not many people set up to decontaminate items for bedbugs. One of only two facilities I am aware of is the one I designed in London where we use a variety of methods to decontaminate anything.

The other option is close inspection and placing them close to the bed in an occupied room with Passive Monitors on the bed. If anything is brought in on the items it will quickly relocate and be removable.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  3. Stressed_UK

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Sep 5 2019 6:24:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi David

Thanks for the reply the only issue I have with that is I don't want to bring them into my house for obvious reasons and the contaminated house is now empty.

Might be a case of just getting rid of some of the items of furniture I can't store and leaving the others sealed in the garage and hope they survive for two years?

Just for info are you talking about your Bed Bug Alert monitor? I have already purchased one but will buy a few more.

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Sep 5 2019 9:27:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

There is an equation we must all do, risk versus cost. As a keen eyed inspector I reduce my risks that way.

Yes, the Passive Monitors have been sold as BB Alert Passive but that is old stock and branding. The current products are PackTite Passives or the ones direct from Bed Bugs Limited unless your Southern Hemisphere or Far East and then it’s Ensystex.

David

5. Stressed_UK

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Sep 5 2019 10:00:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi David

And thanks again, the monitor I have bought is by Bed Bug Monitors which I take it is your company.

Unfortunately, I am not near London though I may ask if a local company might consider inspecting a couple of items, not super high value but old and important to me.

In the meantime I intend to buy a few more monitors just to give me peace of mind.

6. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Sep 5 2019 10:04:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Yes that will be us.

Buy them because they will reduce the impact of any future introductions. For the peace of mind focus on avoidance as it’s a much greater return on investment.

David

7. Stressed_UK

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Fri Sep 6 2019 3:32:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks David another 4 monitors on the way. I’m hoping they remain untouched.

8. Mawiwala

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Fri Sep 6 2019 4:16:25
    #

Login to Send PM

At least you can buy one. They are not available in Germany. I would love to have one because of my many business trips.

9. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Fri Sep 6 2019 6:16:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Mawiwala - 1 hour ago  » 
    At least you can buy one. They are not available in Germany. I would love to have one because of my many business trips.

We ship all over the world and because there are no chemicals or requirements for power we even ship them to locations which are off the grid.

We used to have a European agent but they could not get on board with the going green.

David

10. Mawiwala

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Fri Sep 6 2019 6:27:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Shipping is between 45$ and 100$ on bedbugsupply and on your website it says only within the UK.

Well I guess I should stop hijacking this post here.

11. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Fri Sep 6 2019 6:53:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Mawiwala - 21 minutes ago  » 
    ... on your website it says only within the UK.
    :

Yes the automated system is set up for UK only. We can however ship anywhere and process those orders via PayPal. Nothing is impossible it just might not fit with the process established to deal with the rest of the business flow. Oddly enough at the moment Amazon is our biggest shifter because of the speed of delivery.

David

12. Mawiwala

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Fri Sep 6 2019 7:05:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Looks like Amazon would work.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,942 posts in 49,856 topics over 154 months by 21,816 of 22,282 members. Latest: bobtheworry, Whiskeygirl, bbquest19