Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

How to dismantle infested bed and dispose of it? Out the window?

(3 posts)
  1. BurntToast

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Jun 26 2018 5:48:01
    #

Login to Send PM

We decided to replace my sons bed. It's definitely infested (probably ground zero) which is the main reason. I realize we can disassemble and treat it but it's old and my 14 year old is now 5'10 and we're upgrading him to a full size mattress. Anyway, it's a twin over full size bunk and we need to take it apart to get it downstairs and out the front door. My husband says they'll be 6' pieces that he cannot wrap. He doesn't want to be power-sawing it in their room. He suggested we hand pieces out the window, then cut them on the driveway and bag them. I'm afraid the bugs will walk into the garage. Or if they are on the roof, I don't even know what. Can they come in from the outside? Could I have gotten them from my neighborhood if it's single non-detached houses? Anyway, does anyone have any good ideas? I don't think my husband quite understands what we are up against.

2. LittleRin

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Jun 26 2018 14:03:15
    #

Login to Send PM

If you have the money, I would buy some plastic moving wrap. It's usually used to secure furniture before a move, but you can use it to wrap up all the pieces in a thick layer of plastic before carrying the pieces out.

Tossing a bed without doing it right can DEFINITELY cause them to spread even more than they already have, as you can essentially sprinkle eggs or small around in the process. (It's how a bad situation got worse for my old roommates and I.)

3. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Jun 26 2018 15:37:16
    #

Login to Send PM

You can use cling wrap like saran wrap to seal up the bits before disposal, that should prevent any transfer as you move the pieces through the house.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

291,666 posts in 48,867 topics over 151 months by 21,454 of 21,857 members. Latest: frejohansen, Bedbugs47, Ccronk22@gmail.com