Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Reader questions (do not fit into other categories)

How to breakdown Propoxur?

(3 posts)
  1. AmericaninKenya

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon May 1 2017 10:08:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi all -- I'm an American living in Kenya where PCOs may not have the same care or standards in treating bed bugs. We hired someone who sprayed pyrethroid ("Fendona") and propoxur ("Promax") in various rooms, after which we ventilated, cleaned the floors, washed the clothes, and re-did the dishes.

That said, there's still the smell, which I believe is the Propoxur coming from the mattress. Is there a method in breaking down the Propoxur in the mattress? I understand alkaline solutions help break it down, so was thinking of mixing baking soda with water and then pouring the solution over the mattress and let dry.

Any suggestions welcome! (P.S. I think the above was effective so far).

2. Livingagain

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon May 1 2017 22:16:59
    #

Login to Send PM

People don't have much experience with Proproxur because it's illegal in the US and Europe. Some of us wish that it was available for adults in the US and other places. So people don't know what advice to give you, probably. Good luck!

3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue May 2 2017 22:27:00
    #

Login to Send PM

I emailed the link to this thread to an expert who may chime in. Stay tuned. There are not a lot of people qualified to comment on this.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,668 posts in 49,313 topics over 152 months by 21,611 of 22,037 members. Latest: Jaded48, ctd2289, N52B30AE